Every one please read this!!! (sick/dying snakes)!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my breeding snakes checked for worms every year or so. Its no big deal. Costs $16 dollars. A full vet check containing an appointment and mouth inspection and general going over costs a whole whopping $40. All this through a leading, well known herp vet.

Over the next few years my snakes will be coming on the market, and will be ranging from Anteresia up to whatever.

Thanks for this thread, it is helping me to understand what people want. What I want is a good reputation for healthy, good looking snakes.

If you want quality, healthy animals with a vet certificate including worm check, it may cost an extra $50, but i'll be more than happy to provide.

Cheers.

Do let us know when you start selling!

if those snakes are sold on good faith and you bring one back that has died of say worms and is proven then you should get a big fat sorry and either your money back or another snake and maybe something for free for suck hole value but that me i dont run the shop

You may not run the shop, but you told these ppl to get a life and take it up the tail pipe..

An autopsy report was produced stating the snake had the worst infestation the vet had EVER seen..
Refund was refused after multiple requests, and the only option given was to take another snake which was also infested.

So should this person be told to get a life??

If a pet shop was selling puppys with worm infestations after 1 or 2 the RSPCA would be involved by now and im guessing they would have been shut down or had legal action commence against them.

But with reptiles it seems this is not the case.

Everyone who has a LEGITIMATE GRIEVANCE when it comes to this seller has every right to be annoyed and angry.

Elapid we all have life's, you fail to see that this is a matter of principle!

Well i have bought 2 dogs and 1 cat and have never received a vet check or whatever you are trying to get to. And i don't really understand anything you have said in any of your posts, so please try to make sense next time or i wont reply to your jumbled words.
DUH, what they mean is its the breeder's responsiblility to vet check the animals and make sure that they are healthy, thats what a good breeder does. Im only 10 and even I know that.

wow

its great to see how many people out there will bag a retail shop when he sells a sick animal, but thing really is that any breeder will off load there crap animals to a shop to get the money before it dies in there hands so they don't loose any off there money and i bet most people have done it, so i bet the retail shop must loose a few animals if there is people off loading there crap, or is this tall poppy syndrome must were people are just to jealous

its great to see how many people out there will bag a retail shop when he sells a sick animal, but thing really is that any breeder will off load there crap animals to a shop to get the money before it dies in there hands so they don't loose any off there money and i bet most people have done it, so i bet the retail shop must loose a few animals if there is people off loading there crap, or is this tall poppy syndrome must were people are just to jealous

I have never sold an animal to a pet shop or shop of any kind. This has nothing to do with "Tall Poppy Syndrome" and i dont think anyone would be jealous of a seller than sells animals that are sick and dying.

I should state in our case we have been assured all vet costs that were incurred by us would be reimbursed however i failed to recieve a cheque in the mail today so we will see how long it takes for this to occur.

you should find out the law reguarding the sale of dogs and cats then, shops and breeders have to sell them with a vet check and with there first injection by law.
maybe you should have a chat with the RSPCA on all the so called breeders and traders who are only intrested in profits over the animals they sell. I wonder if it was you that had a snake die, would you be so keen on defending him? Maybe not, I hope you won't have to suffer that fate like others have had to.

DUH, what they mean is its the breeder's responsiblility to vet check the animals and make sure that they are healthy, thats what a good breeder does. Im only 10 and even I know that.

DUH, i was reffering to this comment above. Go read it again then change your thinking.

mmm

so where do these animals come from its other breeder, do you think shop in questions breeds that many animal each year, they would be getting animals from all over the place have a good think about

To all those members who have said this thread is ridiculous and unnecissary, because if the people who have been burned by this seller had bought animals from trusted breeders they would not have been given sick animals in the first place:

It's threads like these that help new herpers decide who is a 'trusted breeder' and who is not. Without threads like these it would not be possible for all of us to make these decisions. True, if these people had bought from a breeder with a fantastic reputation the chances of them getting a sick animal would have been greatly reduced, and it is for this exact reason that we need to hear from the people who have had bad experiences.

We need threads like these so thet there are not more threads like these in the future.

Not true, he buys from other dealers, thus, who knows the origin of the animals supplied!

You need to watch out darren, coming on here defending the subject of the witch hunt. Folks will be thinking you are he :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Buyers need to be a bit more proactive with the health issues of their recent aquisitions and worm them and check them for mites etc. regardless of seller reputation.

dealers mm

how do know he buy only from dealers i find that a bit far fetched as he is a dealer he would be getting stuff off other breeders and the general public i would think

to baxtor

i am not the person in question, i have dealt with him for a number off year, with no probs at all and will still buy any reptile i need off him, as the service has been great and the animal have been fine,i do agree this is a witch hunt and how stupid this really is the guy he started this has said the matter has be sorted , so why is everyone up in arms over this i would the shop owner has lost animals as well and i have lost animals as well and i would say most people have lost an animals yes its not good but we all really need to move on

Whoever he's buying from, he now knows that at least one of his suppliers has sold him sick snakes. Now that he knows it's up to him to do something about it - check and treat the animals he already has and rethink buying from this person again. If he does not do that when he has full knowledge of their condition (which clearly he has NOT, as several people on this forum alone have been provided with 'replacemant' snakes that are also sick), it's on his head. Having full knowledge of the situation negates his right to blame the original supplier.

Many of you are defending the sellers position by saying that it's the buyers' responsibility to check and treat a snake they're intending to purchase, or have already purchased. If this is your opinion, why are you defending a seller who has purchased snakes from another supplier and had not had them checked or treated? By your reasoning it was his responsibility to ensure his snakes were healthy and he has failed to do so.

i have a huge trust issue with sellers. thats the reason i only buy locally of people i know and trust , and that person knows who he is. and he is, and always has been fantastic to deal with, with high quality animals. :)

Of course he first assures you he bred the animal himself..
When you contact him asking why its a different sex, infested
with mites, he changes the story quick smart.. to it being bred
my someone else!! .. .. .. ive had a couple of friends burnt
in this exact scenario from this particular seller.

All interstate buyers, otherwise they could of went down
and sorted it out in person, but just took it in their stride
due to the difficulty being interstate.

Hi all, I just had my little bit to say on this thing. I brought a olive python of this person just over a year ago that looked a little bit worse for wear then the pictures that were emailed prior to purchase. It would not eat for about two weeks before I noticed that it had mites. I had also brought another wild caught olive, at the same time, from Reedy Reptiles. Lucky for quarantining(spelling?) I only had the one that needed treating. This is where my personal dealings with the person could not have been any better. I notified the person straight away when I noticed the mites, and begun my first ever treatment for mites. To cut a long story short, I told the dealer that I did not want a replacement as the deal had soured, having been sold a dodgey snake. He arranged for me to use his consignment number, and I sent the olive back and received a full refund. A lot of other dealers are less sympathetic. I have not dealt with this person since, but I would. I also highly recommend David Reed.
Just my little bit on the subject.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back