Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept tropical and temperate water marine fish for years so I agree lizards are much easier to keep.
I started with Eastern Water Skinks with pond dividers in 4 and 6 foot fish tanks. They are live bearers so you can end up with lots more without any extra work on your part.
My next lizards where ackies and have my first eggs in the incubator this year. The ackies are great small monitors. I keep a pair in a 6 foot tank but I believe a lot of people keep them in 4 foot enclosures.
I also have Blue Tounges and other small skinks.
Last year I got some Beared Dragons just to see why everyone seems so keen on them. They are very popular with some of our family but I really like my Skinks and Ridge Tailed Monitors best.

Good luck with your snake. I don't keep anything without legs so I can't tell you anything keeping them.

forget the boyds, if you are not into beardies, which i am not, get some desert lizards.
ridge tailed monitors or central netteds, easy first lizards, no problems there. I think jinin phrased her post incorrectly on the netteds. They are easy to handle, just not one you get out and put on your shoulder. Awsome little active animals with heaps of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back