Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I let my bluies do it a couple of times, but have decided i prefer supervised free ranging. First time one of them got in behind the fridge and took a bit of effort to get out, and second time i caught one making a beeline for the front door. I love letting them roam, but def keep an eye on them!! I love the idea of it though.

When l had a herp room [ their in the lounge now ] l would just close the door when cleaning out one of the big snakes cages and put them on the floor , one at a time of course . l wouldnt try it with a small one but its hard for a 6 footer to hide .

We let our dragons on supervised free range. Outside they love roaming in the clover, or woodchip.

Inside they wander the lounge roon, with the dog keeping a very close eye on them.

here's some of mine

mind you I only allow my big ones roam the house and they are watched at all times the only place they cant go is in the kitchen, I had my bhp go missing and he got up inside the stove out the back through a hole. and he's a big boy. oh and the baby bhp's they only roamed the table.

Chris1 how many beardys do u hav out ?
cheers
mel

5 girls downstairs, 1 boy upstairs, and 1 antisocial girl upstairs in a different room, she bites the others without warning,...plus she came to me with a really bad RI and cant lie on the tiles downstairs, she gets too cold.

Awesome, thanks for sharing guys... I guess if you had a free ranging monitor, you really couldnt lose it unless it escaped, plus it gives them tons of room to move around in instead of being stuck in an outdoor pit. Anyone else?

I used to let a couple of my Balls roam free, but now I only have a Gaboon, keeping the Gibbon company in the, laundry....:shock::lol:

Last edited:
All of our lizards are allowed to cruise around the house; we've set up a few spots in the sunnier positions with logs inside, and that's often where they spend most of the day. We also let them enjoy the backyard, and take them down to parks, beach etc for a run around. They never try to run away, just chase insects and bask. We just have to keep an eye out for predators, mainly birds.
Oh, and we always put them away when we have visitors, as most people never look down for a lizard underfoot, or close the screen doors, etc. I'm guessing snakes would be able to disappear pretty quickly if allowed to roam the house, hey?
Nic

Damn!..... :lol: (Only out of the safety for the kids next door I should have added :lol:) I think their parents would be a little irrate if they found out what I normally do :D

To be honest, if you'e going to leave a snake "unsupervised", exepect to lose it ;)

haha :lol: our neighbours are all accustomed to our tigers and pythons sunning themselves now...
have free ranged the pyhtons before, longest is half an hour. lost the jungle one day tho but found him up in the ironing board... they never get far when unattended outside there enclosures.
the blueys i used to let have a whole room but they were too messy and there's to much for them to get into now. only real free range animal we have is our galah

I've lost/found enough lizards to let them roam around with me throwing a spastic paranoia fit! When you loose them you can't sleep! and every little noise you hear you jump and take the room apart.
Although i do admit having a lace monitor sitting on eletric blanket in your lounge room whilst you have some friends over would be pretty funny and intimidating!

I lost a Guinea Pig for a whole week, i live on bush, it was gone for 1 week and then i went for a bush walk and found it! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back