Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i started to make it, (along with 7 others) and was so crap at it i gave up and put them in the garage for a year,..

King Sirloin from this forum is finishing them for me, so all the compliments go to him! :)

thanks! :)

This is a pick of my marbled velvet boy when he was younger. He's grown up heaps since then, and the colour has changed a bit. I need to get some new pics of him and his girl and their enclosure, maybe tonight.

They are so easy to keep, and yes are definitely not a handling pet. I took that photo when re-locating them to their forever home. Mine crack the ****s when I put my hand in to clean, with squealing and tail flicking. But really a lovely reptile to keep. I don't see them very often, so later in the arvo or night when I pop in and see them stuck to the walls hunting crickets it's fantastic.

I am hoping to breed them, so not sure when that will be though.

Attachments

• DSC03231.jpg
    DSC03231.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 119
wow there some nice geckos there thegreenies, are the Marbled velvet gecko expensive? because they look great

i suppose you could say so. WA's are the high yellow ones and they are around $280-$250 for a hatchy. apparently the NT ones are more expensive but i honestly not sure. they are worth every but of your money though!

just to mention all climbing geckos like to hide all day, so provide rocks and driftwood and dont get worried if u can never see them but they will come out at night , also make sure the tank is fully escape proof.

We have a Marbled Velvet thick tail male, easy as to look after not too much room and cheap to feed and look after. We use a 450mm cubed glass enclosure heat mat and a light easy as, most marbled velvets are around $150 up we are looking for a female so if anyone has one let me know please.
not the best picture sorry but only one I have on this computer

Mine crack the ****s when I put my hand in to clean, with squealing and tail flicking. But really a lovely reptile to keep. I don't see them very often, so later in the arvo or night when I pop in and see them stuck to the walls hunting crickets it's fantastic. QUOTE]

haha, mines like the exact same, the only time i handle mine is to try and see what sex it is and so far im leaning towards girl.

heres a couple of pics of mines tank, you dont need this though you can just use plastic storage containers. if you want any more info just pm me mate.

hmm could i keep marbled velvets with marbled geckos ?
From what i know different gecko species can get aggressive with each other
If u want some NT fat tail MVG's lynfrog has a proven breeding pair on here for i think $550
The pink one is a hypo Castelnaui velvet gecko i got of Spongebob (he also took the photo)
The other is a NT fat tail Oedura marmorata Darwin locale

Attachments

• IMG_4462.jpg
    IMG_4462.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_1066.jpg
    100_1066.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 66
yer marbled velvets looks so cool and my tank is pretty big so i was wondering
U shouldnt keep them in big tanks untill they are adults as they wont be able to find their food
Even as adults the 2-3 foot is more than big enough for a pair

Any one looking at setting one up for arboreal gex go for a tall tank rather than wide tank as they tend to only use the floor for eating and sleeping and will spend 90% of their active time cliff hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back