Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this one was bought as a hatchling a couple of years ago $250. I've got a couple of spares at home at the moment.
They are really cool geckos - very alert and intelligent. When I go into the room they will turn their heads and look at you like they are sizing you up :lol: I like to give them treats occasionally ....... nothing like a high protein snack

they are a good size gecko for sure!! Nice long tail as you can see by the "hanger". Not that I would but they are more than capable of eating those crappy little asian house geckos :lol: And I have been bitten by an adult when I took it out to clean its cage - they have sharp little teeth and don't let go in a hurry either. The little bugger was having a bit of a chew as well :eek: I have them in separate tanks which are about 45cm high x 30cm wide x 20cm deep. I've got a trio of hatchies in a 45cm square mesh cage.

25 cm !!!! im so getting one lol how bigs your tank
In NSW ring tails are only allowed to be kept on a class 2 license which u only can obtain after keeping class 1 species for i think 2 years
U might want to check if u can keep them on a basic license in VIC b4 u think about getting one

richoman you'll have to wait until the VIC legislation changes to allow you to keep this species, sorry.

In NSW ring tails are only allowed to be kept on a class 2 license which u only can obtain after keeping class 1 species for i think 2 years
U might want to check if u can keep them on a basic license in VIC b4 u think about getting one

I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 as well:(

this one was bought as a hatchling a couple of years ago $250. I've got a couple of spares at home at the moment.
They are really cool geckos - very alert and intelligent. When I go into the room they will turn their heads and look at you like they are sizing you up :lol: I like to give them treats occasionally ....... nothing like a high protein snack
I take it u dont follow the distance between the eyes rule of thumb?
I have fed mine woodies that hav been on the big side but i would have thought a pinkie would been a bit harder to swallow
Im not having a go at u just wondering if u have ne probs with food items that size?

i interested to know now how many others experienced gecko keepers feed food items that size and the results if any (other than a full gecko off course)

we victorians can keep ring tailed geckos. but theres only 2 breeders in vic with them.

Geckoman I am into abit of both.
I like the Southern Velvet Gecko and also the Ocellated Gecko, also the Southern Spiny-Tailed Gecko. I really like the arboreal sp.
I like the Thick-Tails as well. So i should just get all of them, the more i am talking about them the better they sound and the more i want them!
So how much would hatchling cost for the sp. above?
Thanks Heaps

go some thick tails or some knob tails for terrestrial
and some of any Oedura pretty much for arboreal especially the marms
price depends on ur area the gex age, sex and locale please be more precise cos im not goin to type all night
I think u could get thick tail for 100 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back