Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one looking at setting one up for arboreal gex go for a tall tank rather than wide tank as they tend to only use the floor for eating and sleeping and will spend 90% of their active time cliff hanging
yer thats what mine do, also provide hides

No but ul have dominance issues and one or both will possibly lose they tail and starve as it could stress it to the point of not eating
having said this it has been done successfully, but dont bank on it and its not recommended
Iv personally seen a colony of levis levis that had 4 males and 2 females in a 2x2 foot tank that got on like the brady bunch
but this is one rare situation that should only occur in tv land

No but ul have dominance issues and one or both will possibly lose they tail and starve as it could stress it to the point of not eating
having said this it has been done successfully, but dont bank on it and its not recommended
Iv personally seen a colony of levis levis that had 4 males and 2 females in a 2x2 foot tank that got on like the brady bunch
but this is one rare situation
ive got 2 males and a female and they have been fine for 6 months lol

ok but i got told they were adults does that mean they are sexually mature ?
I guess considering ur 12 thats a fair question (u might wont to ask ur mum or dad bout the birds and the bees lol)
Yeah like i said it can work but ur much better off having a 2:1 female to male ratio as that poor girl must feel intimidated by 2 males constantly trying to um "encourage the stork to make a nest"
but they it depends on the geckos as long as they are all feeding (u actually see all of them feed" u should be ok but if one is getting stood over then u could end up with mbd issues

I guess considering ur 12 thats a fair question (u might wont to ask ur mum or dad bout the birds and the bees lol)
Yeah like i said it can work but ur much better off having a 2:1 female to male ratio as that poor girl must feel intimidated by 2 males constantly trying to um "encourage the stork to make a nest"
but they it depends on the geckos as long as they are all feeding (u actually see all of them feed" u should be ok but if one is getting stood over then u could end up with mbd issues
yer lol they all feed i see them

i have 3 pairs of marbled geckos in the same enclosure for a year and a half
never had any problems.

Like i said it depends on the gecko (and also the setup)
U can get away with it but their have been plenty of lost tails and dominance issues from mixing males i assure u

any more pictures of peeps geckos. wouls love to seem some box pattern and ring tail geckos

thats a nice site, i found this site which has tonnes of geckos on it but just accidently deleted it from my bookmarks bar and cant fint it again :( it had like nearly every gecko known on it

It's all good richoman.
I am thinking of getting some Mountain Dragons and some either Marbled Gecko's or Thick Tails Gecko's.
I have a 4ft Tank which i am going to set-up with heaps of hides and fake plants. What would be a good substrate be? Also Thick Tails can't climb walls can they?
Thanks Heaps

fine desert sands good just make sure they dont eat too much of it with their food. if you have a 4ft tank try and put a divider in it and keep thick tails on one side and marbleds on the other.

Cool Thanks guys.
In personal opinnion, what would be the better gecko to go with a pair of Mountain Dragons?
Thanks

one with suicidal tendencies,
I mean if geckos eat each other what do u think a dragon would do
And if u think its ok cos they r active at different times its not
They will still meet at "changeover"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back