Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondgeeza

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread for those who are interested in looking at foreign and no doubt Aussy morelia mongrels.

Here are a few of mine now post some of yours...

DSC00907-1.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Coastal jaguar carpet python

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

88% Diamond jungle jaguar carpet python

DSC00913.jpg

Granite carpet python

wow....i'd own most of those...i wish we'd get over it and stop preventing the inevitable...hehehe

Final mongrels from me for the day:-

DSC00049.jpg

25% diamond / jungle Carpet cross

DSC06415.jpg

50% diamond / jungle carpet cross

DSC06784.jpg

one of my many old chondros of mongrel parentage (think it was a biak / savu cross)

No, the closest I have is an Atherton/Tully considered by some to be a mongrel. It bites me at every opportunity so I call it a mongrel.

I am a mongrel (English / Scott hybrid) and maybe this explains my fondness for them :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone outside of Australia needs to care about breeding locale specific, and really good on you for what hot snakes you have bred. I think things are a little different here as we have more of a duty or obligation to keep things more in check with our "nature".

ill get some phoitos of my bredli/dimond cross jungle put them up tonight

Even though I wouldn't cross breed myself, I do like the look of many that are out there. I say embrace the move to cross breed so that we don't force those breeders underground and potentially sell their young as pure bred just to get rid of them. If we embrace it and accept there is a large number of the population out there who want them, then there is no need to worry about dishonest breeders as they will have their own legit market.
On the subject of them getting loose into the wild, well that is another problem that I don't have the answer for. (Of course this applies to not only Australia, but if any of our species got free overseas they still could have a ferral problem)

well said james

people should realise that true locality animals are always going to be preferable to those out there that are into them and are only going to increase in value as the morphs and hybrids come out fo the wood work

just on the arguement of 'hybrids' getting into the wild, I have never had a snake escape and if people are carefull with their animals it should not be an issue.

Morphs like albinos are another thing. They would just get nailed in the wild and would not last to breeding age due to natural selection. When was the last time anyone found an adult albino in the wild????

j

i cant get over the intensity of the colour of those snakes!!! stunning!

i find it weird how people keep saying things like "i have never" or "i would not" yet one can only be in control of their own actions and cannot speak for the majority of people...and theres a "my python escaped" thread a few times a week now.

The yellow is outstanding!!

The only problem with hybrids is that SOME people are not honest!! So if a hatching looks just like a B/G jungle then a dishonest person would sell it as that as they will fetch more $$$ for it

Other wise it would be fine IMO

Lewy

just on the arguement of 'hybrids' getting into the wild, I have never had a snake escape and if people are carefull with their animals it should not be an issue.

Morphs like albinos are another thing. They would just get nailed in the wild and would not last to breeding age due to natural selection. When was the last time anyone found an adult albino in the wild????

j

I wondered this myself. Interesting point about locally specific breeds. Granite diamond is nice, add a bit of green maybe;)
PS what exactly is a jag.

i find it weird how people keep saying things like "i have never" or "i would not" yet one can only be in control of their own actions and cannot speak for the majority of people...and theres a "my python escaped" thread a few times a week now.

Well can you please explain to me the difference of a 'pure' Bredli escaping in say Victoria? It's not native to this local area. It could cause just as much damage to the local python species (MD's) as a hybrid. It makes me laugh when hybrids escaping are used as an arguement by the anti-hybrid members when it is no more detrimental than when a non-local python escapes. If you're saying that we shouldn't have hybrids for this reason then you're basically saying we shouldn't keep any species outside of the localle in which it's found.

DISCLAIMER: The above is just an example. It could be any state or snake species. :D

Suprisingly I actually like the snake in the first picture!
Trying to convince my parents to move to England or the US, not having too much luck so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back