Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will, as soon as I log out, that's what I do most of time, if not on GTPs then on other species or subjects. But you, my friend would also have to get off the keyboard and read. Warning - it may hurt!

You mean you write books? o_O
I meant share your knowledge with us. If you would be so kind.

It's much easier to read on a nice backlight screen like this.

You dont refer to hatchlings in this post so you are correct.

Cris, have you seen anything other than GTP hatchlings advertised / sold 3 -4 years ago? I haven't. Have a look at the prices of adults on HerpTrader - one would think that almost nothing has changed.

You mean you write books? o_O
I meant share your knowledge with us. If you would be so kind.

It's much easier to read on a nice backlight screen like this.

Hmmmm, definitely time to log out.

Maybe you should have a read of some of "waterrat's" books/articles - spend some money and support the hobby that supports you - you may even learn a thing or two.

Maybe you should have a read of some of "waterrat's" books/articles - spend some money and support the hobby that supports you - you may even learn a thing or two.

But I don't really want to know about GTPs tbh, I don't think I'll ever own one, they're not my favorite snake.

I just want the original question to be answered, about why the price is dropping. Waterrat has more knowledge on the subject than most, so it'd be nice if he'd share his opinions. If he doesn't want to that's fine though.

If he's written a book about the gradual price drop in reptiles then I'd probably buy it though.

Just can't help myself.
Naledge, I see on other threat that you are also a legal advisor, perhaps a solicitor?
What a talent we have here.

Just can't help myself.
Naledge, I see on other threat that you are also a legal advisor, perhaps a solicitor?
What a talent we have here.

Haha what? Because I said that the police can help when crimes occur? Solicitors must be pretty slack then.

I'm not trying to mock you, I just want to know why the price is dropping, because you said I was wrong, can you answer the question or am I just wasting my time asking you?

Yes, you're wasting your time.
You have said in previous post that you are not even interested in GTPs, so why are you interested in the price fluctuations?
Did I say price dropping "was wrong"?

Yes, you're wasting your time.
Did I say price dropping "was wrong"?

I don't quite understand what you mean, because saying 'price dropping is wrong' doesn't really make much sense.

But I think I might understand what you mean.

You said:

"Amazing comments. Put your hand up which one of you keeps / breeds or deals in GTP or has degree in economics."

A pretty sarcastic way of saying everyone's opinions are wrong.

You have said in previous post that you are not even interested in GTPs, so why are you interested in the price fluctuations?

Because it effects other snakes too and it's interesting to me.

Haha what? Because I said that the police can help when crimes occur? Solicitors must be pretty slack then.

I'm not trying to mock you, I just want to know why the price is dropping, because you said I was wrong, can you answer the question or am I just wasting my time asking you?
I think that your question has been answered in earlier replies ie: the more people who get gtps and breed them means that there will be more around and their for prices drop.. but as for pure aussies or some adult yellow gtps;) i would still pay quiet a few thousand for one..

Cris, have you seen anything other than GTP hatchlings advertised / sold 3 -4 years ago? I haven't. Have a look at the prices of adults on HerpTrader - one would think that almost nothing has changed.

Yes i have seen them advertised, though not as often as you see them now there are heaps more around.

I think prices are about 20-30% what they were 3-4 years ago. If anyone keeps records of these things it would be interesting to see a graph of average prices for GTPs.

I think that your question has been answered in earlier replies ie: the more people who get gtps and breed them means that there will be more around and their for prices drop.. but as for pure aussies or some adult yellow gtps;) i would still pay quiet a few thousand for one..

Hehe yeah that's what I thought, it just seemed like Waterrat disagreed. I'd like to know if there are other reasons as well.

I don't quite understand what you mean, because saying 'price dropping is wrong' doesn't really make much sense.

But I think I might understand what you mean.

You said:

"Amazing comments. Put your hand up which one of you keeps / breeds or deals in GTP or has degree in economics."

A pretty sarcastic way of saying everyone's opinions are wrong.

Because it effects other snakes too and it's interesting to me.

Not every one's. Just some one's.

Now tell us - why are you participating in this thread (which is specifically on GTPs and their prices) if you don't keep and never kept the species and by your own admission, you aren't even interested in GTP.
Would you mind to answer this question?

Not every one's. Just some one's.

Now tell us - why are you participating in this thread (which is specifically on GTPs and their prices) if you don't keep and never kept the species and by your own admission, you aren't even interested in GTP.
Would you mind to answer this question?

Who's? I'd like to know which reasons are right and wrong.

Well because, as I said, it doesn't only happen to GTPs. The same thing is happening to albinos and other snakes. I'd like to know what's causing it, if my opinion was wrong.

For general knowledge. Why did you want to start learning about GTPs? Why does anyone do anything?

I want to know, basically because I want to know.

Naledge as I said before if you looked into the specific animals for sale you might find out why one person sells their animals for alot less than others

why does one person sell a diamonds for $200 and another person sell them for $600
its a pretty stupid question really isnt it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back