Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really have to remain vigilant! If you're keen, start off with something that doesn't have such an aggressive temperament like you're red bellied black snakes. Once you become more confident & get your reflexes up to scratch move on to your more defensive & aggressive species such as your tiger snakes or even better, eastern browns. Having said that, all our elapids here in Australia can be lethally fast once they've heated themselves to their optimum temperature & you need to keep your wits about you & always have compression bandages handy.

I strongly urge individuals to take someone with you & always prepare for the worst case scenario when handling venomous snakes. As said previously, you cant learn this over two days or certainly not out of a book. A piece of paper saying you attended the course can not substitute the years of exposure it requires to become skilled in the handling of venomous snakes.

It's important to be confident but not cocky. When you're handling a venomous snake you have a lot of adrenalin surging through you & it's essential you don't become over confident. That little bit of fear & caution you feel is what will stop you from making a silly mistake. It's the greatest feeling handling venomous snakes & i encourage people to give it a go in a controllable as possible environment with someone experienced.

Sorry to ramble or if I bored you. Have heaps of fun doing this guys!
Cheers

i love deadly and non deadly reptiles
i go herping all the time and if we find a red bellie or yellow faced whip snake i always feel connected so i dont mind picking them up and letting them just chill on lap
yes they are venomous and all but dont think that they are just man killing snakes , they are the coolest reptile or living thing on this planet, they are just friends of a different species, i never use a hook or a something to pick them up, use your hands so the snake can feel your not afraid, the heart rate is the key, stay calm and they feel less threatened

Great advice on a public forum champ. :rolleyes:

i love deadly and non deadly reptiles
i go herping all the time and if we find a red bellie or yellow faced whip snake i always feel connected so i dont mind picking them up and letting them just chill on lap
yes they are venomous and all but dont think that they are just man killing snakes , they are the coolest reptile or living thing on this planet, they are just friends of a different species, i never use a hook or a something to pick them up, use your hands so the snake can feel your not afraid, the heart rate is the key, stay calm and they feel less threatened

Whats was that kids name again? The one from western Sydney. He and his cousin posted on here for a short time. Very short time unfortunately.

Whats was that kids name again? The one from western Sydney. He and his cousin posted on here for a short time. Very short time unfortunately.

What happened? Is he the kid that ran after being bitten by a brown? I thought that was a random accident, didn't know he was herping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back