Handy Little Tool

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troyster

Reaction score
Not sure if im posting this in the right section or not but im sure the mods will move if incorrect?

Was wondering around Bunnings today and came across something that i think is worthy of a mention.

My chosen substrate is astro turf and/or marine carpet, and as i dont really like to spot clean, id rather replace the floor coverings as soon as they pass waste, i like to have several pieces on the go so there is always a clean one ready to swap over.

The problem i have had in the past is cutting the substrate down to the size of the enclosure and keeping it neat rather than butchering it with a blunt stanley knife.

Enter the OLFA MARU-CUTTER.It makes cutting Carpet, Lino,P.V.C, Cardboard etc an absolute breeze,and for $20 i think its a great investment.

Attachments

• carpet cutter.jpg
    carpet cutter.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 169
yea when i use to use fake turf it would always be wonky and the edges all stuffed using scissors cheers for posting that up :)

I've got a little tool that looks a lot like that for cutting wrapping paper.
Can't remember where I got it but you unroll the paper, lie it on a flat surface and run the tool along it. It cuts brilliantly time after time.

it looks the same as a carpet cutter. If it is the same you cant beat them!

awesome, im bout to buy some fake turf for new enclosure prob just saved me a dodgy job lol

For wrapping paper, no doubt, for fake grass, not to sure.

i helped a mate carpet a couple of large units he was building about a year ago and we got given a second hand one of those exact tools by a professional carpet installer to use, we used it to basically do 100+ cuts all over a meter in length, of vinyl and a fairly thick carpet and was sharp the day we got it (no idea how long the guy had had it) and was just as sharp after we had finished. made it just as easy as it looks (just feed the carpet through it)

Looks like a good tool, although I can still see that getting blunt and being a PITA when it does.

Im sure in time it will become blunt, but the blade is round and fixed so when the edge of the blade does dull off and become blunt you loosen the locking screw and rotate it a little.

the packet also has a part number for replacment blades and Bunnings reasures me they are a stocked item and easily obtained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back