Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klinic

Reaction score
Hi, I'm klinic, as you can probably see by my username. Josh works just as well though.

I play guitar unprofessionally, and make pizza/design graphics/edit short film projects professionally.

I've dreamed of getting a snake for years (and years and years), and have been seriously considering it for the past 7 or 8 months. Doing lots and lots of reading and meeting people with snakes.

I've always dreamed of a Burmese Python (key word is dreamed), but I want to be very well educated before I make any decisions.

Ideally, I want to find a great breeder, meet them, get to know the snakes and what I can do to care for it and be 100% prepared before buying a snake I know is free from disease and will feed and last me a long time.

So, er, that is my story. =D

Welcome to the fun factory :D Once you start with reptiles you will not stop at one LOL
there is nothing like having your own gorgeous reptiles .....
Kind regards
Crystal

Thanks for the welcomes. =3

Where should I go to ask what sort of snakes I should be researching? Obviously I can't get a Burmese or Reticulated Python and even if I could, they would not be an ideal first snake, no matter the extent of my adoration for them.

I reckon you should look at getting a Stimson's Python, a Spotted Python, a Children's Python, a Carpet Python (Coastal, Bredli, Diamond, South-western, Jungle, Darwin, Murray-darling), a Woma Python or a Rough-scaled Python.

Hi Josh and welcome
obvisouly thanks to our highly restricted laws here you cant keep burmese or reticulated pythons so just decide on a python thats right for you if you want something that will grow large or just small good to know you are doing your research

I'm definitely into the bigger snakes, hate to be predictable, it's just always been where my passion has lied.

Thanks for the suggestions Snakeluvver3, I've looked into most of the breeds you've specified. Hopefully I'm going to be meeting some of those breeds tonight so that I can get a bit of an insight into their personality and requirements, as well as talking to some (hopefully) knowledgable people.http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/member/snakeluvver3-26452/

If I wanted to get big snakes, I would look get these snakes, in order:
Coastal Carpet Python (Morelia spilota mcdowelli)
Olive Python (Liasis olivaceus)
Scrub Python, but only after years of experience with Olives as Scrubbys are Australia's biggest snake. (Morelia amethistina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back