Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcurko

Reaction score
hi all im new to snakes and reptiles anyways im 13 and looking at getting a snake i need someone to help me with this i know i need the following

#snake
#snake enclousure
#permit because im under 16

I dont wanna spend more then 500 on the snake .PS im A BEGINNER so whats good to get.
I was told a childrens python or green tree snake?
Enclosure no more then 500 so what can i get for that?
Will i be able to take the snake out and handle it or will it bite me and kill me?
sorry im really newb but i just thought i would get the good to go from you guys so i dont get ripped off at some pet store! Also im looking at getting a really nice looking snake not something like boring ????

green tree snake might be out of ur price range and an enclosure try building one urself my 2 enclosure were all built by me and my dad and snakes do bite but dnt realy hurt
rgds nick

and a small childrens python wont cost u mre than $200 from a breeder nt pet shop

what about a diamond python they good?
i really want my first snake to be unique not that alot of my mates have the same tastes in things i basically like everything most people are scared of spiders snakes etc does anyone have any pics of these beauties?

hey there, welcome> hmmm personally i recommend the bredli otherwise known as the centrilian carpet python they are a good looking snake generally they are very good temperment wise, my 3 yr old son plays wit my 2 all the time and should not cost u anymore than $300 depending on where u live.

these are my 2

these are my 2 coastal carpets

this is clyde
View attachment 4971
this is bonnie
View attachment 4972

i dnt hav realy any pics of slade because he always strikes the camera and i carnt get a decent pic lol

Last edited:
i like bonnie i like the blue coloured snakes but their quite expensive i also like the really light coloured snakes like bonnie beautiful snake mate

hey how u doin? welcome! hmmmm i suggest a bredli they are a good looking snake and generally have a good temperment, my 3yr old son plays wit my bredlis all the time and they are so gentle, but there is always exceptions! bredlis generally cost round $250 to $300. all snakes are unique and come down to personel preference. my suggestion is get the paper work in 4 ur permit but dont rush in to anythin, have a good look around and c wats in ur price range! anyways happy herpping

cheers shes a hypo coastal cost me a mini chopper but would of cost me $300

yo warp u posted the same reply plus a little extra lol

yeh im just waiting for my parents court to finish so i know where im living so i can submit my form and im not rushing into anything but whats a good size enclosure for the snakes diamond python and childrens python? Would i say be able to like take the snake out and let it just hold on me like handle it ?

i have bonnie in a 4ft enclosure and shes only 45cm long and slade has the same size enclosure yea u will be able to hold them but they will eventualy have a strike at u all snake do

yeh but i wanna look at ones with the seller and price so i know im getting a beatifull python as well as the price

I would go a Bredli i have one and hes beautiful i'll attach a pic of him for you, hes a juvie and he cost me $250.
Also look at the blonde spotted they are pretty cool. Search on here there is some good pics of those.
heres mine his name is tanna
You'll make the right choice just don't rush into it.
Pav

Attachments

• tanna 024.jpg
    tanna 024.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 107
  • Tanna 002.jpg
    Tanna 002.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 99
You should have a look in the "wiki" at the top in the links bar, & read the FAQ, to learn all about the care for them.
Go with whatever snake you like, Every snake has its own personality, i have a blonde mac and shes gorgeous! beautiful temperment!

To start with if you get a hatchie you will just need a clik cak container, a heat matt, 2 hides & a water bowl, that should last it a while depending on what snake you get.

Hope that helped a little bit, Ashleigh.

what u still need to know etc.
also look in the gallery and check out some of the snakes people on here keep. that way u will learn what types u do and dont like.
good luck.
i will post a pic of my bredli and coastal for u :D

Last edited:
yea
either a bredli or a coastal are the best to start of with i reckon
i jst love the bredli's colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back