Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a good ol' coastal carpet hatchling. They're around $150 now which i think is an excellent price.

You can convert an old cupboard (of appropriate dimensions) into an enclosure, but while its young you can keep it in a ventilated tub(of appropriate dimensions) with a heat mat underneath half the tub.

Get a good ol' coastal carpet hatchling. They're around $150 now which i think is an excellent price.

You can convert an old cupboard (of appropriate dimensions) into an enclosure, but while its young you can keep it in a ventilated tub(of appropriate dimensions) with a heat mat underneath half the tub.

were from ??
i am gettin a pair for a think around $130-150

i dnt think u would get a pair of coastals for 130-150 i think u were meant to say each

i was about to say if u were getting them for 130-150 a pair i would of brought a pair lol

i just had a look at some of the snakes in the gallery some are a bit big for me anyway i must say guys and girls you have some of the most beautiful snakes i have ever seen hope i get one like that! thanks

Gees, I was strugglin to buy a six-pack when I was under 16............ go for a childrens and set it up well with your $, gradually work up to the big boys.

all the best

Hey,
Here is a pic of my diamond. He is my first snake and is a great first snake. Fantastic temperment. But each snake is an individual. I would suggest getting a young python that way you can get it used to being handled and the bites don't hurt when they are little. Also where abouts are you? Some people may know of good places/breeders to buy from that will give you advice and let you handle them first.

Attachments

• Jake 039.jpg
    Jake 039.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 115
i live in sydney around smithfield area so went to extreme pets but they dont have any snakes that i can handle can someone help? i would like to handle a snake and see what their like before i get a yearling (baby).

Hi
I am 13 too and just got my first snake as well (well 2 actually)
I got a diamond python, mum went to pick it up and came back with 2!!
I got my enclosure for about $300, have a look at Auzlizardkings enclosures in the for sale
ads on this site.
But you need to get your license into NPWS so you can buy a snake cos no one will sell
you one without your license number. Whereabouts do you live?

hi all im new to snakes and reptiles anyways im 13 and looking at getting a snake i need someone to help me with this i know i need the following

#snake
#snake enclousure
#permit because im under 16

I dont wanna spend more then 500 on the snake .PS im A BEGINNER so whats good to get.
I was told a childrens python or green tree snake?
Enclosure no more then 500 so what can i get for that?
Will i be able to take the snake out and handle it or will it bite me and kill me?
sorry im really newb but i just thought i would get the good to go from you guys so i dont get ripped off at some pet store! Also im looking at getting a really nice looking snake not something like boring ????

hey man!
firstly, green pythons are FANTASTIC but need a class 2 licence, for wich you need to be 18 and have 2 recomendations from class 2 owners, also, they cost BIG $$$

i think the best 1 for you would be some coastals, very docile, childrens are snappy and dont handle too well, BUT coastals grow fairly large so need a big enclosure

some good reptiles can be found at www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/

heres were to go for a licence (You need one regardless of how old you are!)
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/ an then go to
licences and business on the side bar, then
animal and plant licences, then
keeping native animals as pets, then
reptile keepers licence,

hope that helps,
sorry to hear about your parents...

also, we know what you mean by yearling! it is a very common term, not meanin to make you feel bad or anything!
Private message me if you need anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back