Holden Vs Ford

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden Vs Ford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holden do use their own engines, they are built by General Motors, I'm not sure where you get that info ?
Cosworth Engineering are a UK based company with a long association with Ford and Ford actually now own the racing division. Ford are probably better known for their association with another UK company Tickford. Did you know the engineering for the XR6 and XR8 was done in Milton Keynes in England ? :)
Personally I wouldn't buy either car and if I did it wouldn't be a new one, buy one that was 1 or even 2 years old and a large amount of the depreciation had already been lost. Depreciation with both is huge.

Holden dont use there own engine and the engines they do use are down tuned dramaticly

ford have always produced fantastic engines look at the Cosworth

thats rite but we are talkin about holdens and ford you dnt see any holdens in nas car there are chevy(GM) is where all holden bright ideas come from there hasnt been an aussie commodore since the VK
since then the engine has been bought from nissan as well as chevy why do you think that thay are so popular chav pwr (incudes the 6)

where as ford is a much larger company who own jag,astin marton.land rover,volvo and even mazda

oh holden well thay are owned by GM havnt grow up poor little bugger:)

I have no idea what you mean about no Holdens in Nascar, your post is very hard to follow.
General Motors is actually a much bigger company than Ford and are the second biggest car producer in the world.
Ford don't actually own Aston Martin and own a 3rd of Mazda but because of their huge financial problems look to be selling Jaguar and Land Rover.
I'm not sure where you get the idea that Commodores run Nissan engines ? They used a Nissan 6 in the 80's but since then have been GM/Buick engines.

that my point GM motors isnt Holden its GM
yes GM is a big company but holden(vauxhall)
is a small part on which GM own
the thread says Ford vs Holden
not Ford vs chevy or GM
cos then you could bring into factor the dodge viper
which stats another argument that holdens best is the HSV which gets left bhind, by all the top Mustangs, and alike Ford is one of the largest car companys out there and sorry to say but holden not GM is one of the smallest

sorry bout it being hard to read doing a few things at once

Today's racing is nothing on the classic races of the 70's when (if you were lucky enough) you witnessed true Aussie muscle cars going head to head Phase IIIs, GTS Monaros, XU1 Toranas, XA-XB GT Coupes, XC Cobras, etc...

Today... Holden v Ford ???? It is a challenge between badges only, ho hum.

I'm finding it very hard to follow what you are saying but I'll try and make sense of it. Holden is a name purchased many years ago by General Motors, Holden is the Australasian arm of GM, as Vauxhall is the UK arm and Opel is the European (German) arm. It isn't a separate company so to compare the size of Ford and Holden is ridiculous as it is Ford and GM. I have no idea what Dodge Vipers or Mustangs have to do with any of this ?

that my point GM motors isnt Holden its GM
yes GM is a big company but holden(vauxhall)
is a small part on which GM own
the thread says Ford vs Holden
not Ford vs chevy or GM
cos then you could bring into factor the dodge viper
which stats another argument that holdens best is the HSV which gets left bhind, by all the top Mustangs, and alike Ford is one of the largest car companys out there and sorry to say but holden not GM is one of the smallest

sorry bout it being hard to read doing a few things at once

that excatc wat im saying

dodge viper- chysler-GM
Mustangs if u dnt know are a top quality ford

Today... Holden v Ford ???? It is a challenge between badges only, ho hum.

thats rite they both dnt use aussie made engines and also
if the skylines and jags and so on were still inda race Falcon and Commoder would be left behind

rrr i wont stop
u jst want to here holden holden holden
well ford ford ford ahha hhaahha

i drave a subaru when i have a licence lol
i wouldnt buy a Falcon or commodore brand new
not worth it, be half the price in less then a year

:lol: shhhh i dont want every1 to find out.

she opened the door tonight and hit my motorbike, put small scratch on the door:x
should polish out but. hope so anyway cos its only 4 weeks old.

Have a friend works for holden, don't polish too hard as their paint quality is rubbish, you'll go right through it.

I must say I'm surprised how even it is, holden seem to have a much bigger fan base than FORD.

I did it

Well I did it. I took my boys today and nearly bought a V8 Calais, but someone beat me to it.

Ended up buying a SV6 and should pick it up later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back