Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's actually only 22, it's all the grog that's aged him so much.
Ha, It has it's advantages of looking younger than I really am although my wife wasn't impressed when I made a joke about me looking a bit old to still be going out with my mum
everywhere. ;)
Shane when are you coming around for another beer to age gracefully with me?:D

Getting close to 50 years now. How time flys. Started off in Sydney with common bluetongues, then bearded dragons, followed by a diamond then swampies.

5 years for myself,
but it was so hard to stop with on reptile your collection always grows.

bob, you came to my school about a year or 2 ago, remember you telling us a few storys about all different stuff like the bite you got from the hopo which you had mistaken for a diamond python, were they common back then? oh if you were wondering what school, was St Clares taree you did a good job, was much better then doing school work, loved the elapids.

About 8 years. Only have one snake atm. Hopefully that will change over the next few years

Ryan, Broadheads as I now know are not supposed to be found on the Central Coast. Yet the one that bit me numerous timeson both hands was on the mountain right above Gosford. Nastiest Diamond I ever found :)

They are still common in their range, but only after long hikes away from habitats close to easy access. Most spots that are easy to get too have been plundered to death. Its hard in these spots to even find a sandwich rock the right way up.

yer have seen plenty of pics of habitat that is destroyed its a real shame. I wouldnt mind seeing one, was a thread posted a while ago by a member about finding one near canberra or something, also got a mate who has found 8 of them recently, he reckons they are the most common snake in sydney. also said some havnt even been on massive rock escarpments. maybe they are more common then what is thought

They are still common in their range, but only after long hikes away from habitats close to easy access

I wouldnt say thats the case at all

Getting close to 50 years now. How time flys. Started off in Sydney with common bluetongues, then bearded dragons, followed by a diamond then swampies.

Jeezu....thats a long time bigguy.......anyone beat 50 ?? or is bigguy the oldest herper in town ?;)

C,mon Jason you know I am just a quiet type of bloke.;)

only online.......

when I was about 4 I spend all day playing in my private pond near the driveway (caused from natural seepage), it had a heap of Crinia in it, I made the pond even better for them, and due to the fact I was raised by my dad and my brothers, I spent all my spare time at the pond... then we moved to Bangor, one of the first houses in the area, I was about 8 years old, had a Heath monitor burrow in my backyard, and a Eastern Bearded Dragon living in the big pile of dead trees they knocked down to build the houses in the front yard, snakes were very common, and we backed onto the bush..fantastic!!! then we moved again :( :( to the burbs (South Caringbah) but was near the water..so I fished almost every day..went to Scouts..did a heap of camping... on one camp I bought a whip snake back with me in my billy ( hidden from dad), and kept it for about a year, also had at that time a few Broad tailed geckos and some GTF's someone gave me.. I also remember when I went to my mums house, she had a massive pile of bricks, every second weekend, I would move the pile of bricks from one side of the yard to the other to catch the blueys living under it, one time I found a clutch of new borns!!! I was stoked!! funnly enough, I never wanted to keep them, I always wanted to release them to see if I could find them again.. At our Caringbah house we had a pond, I used to drain it every now and then, and lift the whole pond out of the ground to catch Golden Crown snakes under it.... it took a whole day to do, and I probably did it about 20 times for 2 snakes... how deperate was I....and of course, I used to let them go again 20 minutes later... I only kept frogs through my later teens..was massively into fishing and ladies..and paid for that with kids in my early 20's..still kept only frogs..wasn't till my late 20's that I started keeping and breeding and within a few years I'd like to cut that all down again to a minimum and spend more time out in the bush and fishing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back