Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adder99

Reaction score
i got a guestion what is agains hybrids.

they look cool
1st. bredli x ball python

2nd. jungle x coastal.

attachment.php
OutsideZulupics5.jpg

is the white black and yellow 1 the coastal X jungle? and i it is, the 1st pix not working.

Will

um. ok your 13.. soooo... its like someone really wants a cat , but all the cats are crozzed with dogs and the cats bark not meow.. so that person never gets to have a cat with a meow. sure it looks like a cat but barks so its not a pure cat. and becuase most poeple can't tell the difference between a cat that barks and one that meows they breed them togeither and then there are not "real" cats left.

So puting it simpl(er) if some one breeds a jungle with a coastal and then breeds the babys and the babys babys breed and they look sorta like coastals and some one sells them as coastals , then some one else who wants a coastal buys one but then finds out its a cross and not realy want they want and they will never get a "pure" coastal , thats kinda sad isent it?

The snakes themself arnt bad , but the fact crosses stuff up "pure" lines are. if that makes sence?

Last edited:
well there are few reasons, some people think that hybrids will wipe out the original species, it's illegal, it's a short cut to make a pretty snake compared to a long line of "pure" species.

Though, of course, I find it quite interesting that we're actually ruining the so called "pure" species with selective breeding (conscious or subconscious). By breeding for things such as looks, temperament, feeding etc. the original species are slowly been eradicated. If we were to release such a snake, it would show different habits from the wild ones (so much for species back up)

So My opinion is, There is no big deal, one road is fast, the other takes several generations, ether way a captive animal will have a captive animals fate. Look at dogs, cats etc. I enjoy seeing the hybrids, but I love the pure breeds at it's best.

don't hate me lol

Not again.

But Scleropages thats probably the best explaination Ive ever read on the subject.

i am fully against hybrids, its wrong crossing two different species.in the end you dont have anything pure you have a mongrel.

Damn Hybrid convo. It's personal, but if your going to cross breed, don't sell the offspring's as pure breeds

Cause the US dont give a damn... most of there aussie breeds are hybrids (like jungles and diamonds) In Aus. we have strict rules on our native species, and were not allowed to have species from other countries... lucky for me my fav. snakes are GTP's and Bredli's

its the USa and 2 b honest, some poeple in the USa are messed up, most aren't, and anyway americans only want looks, just ask the guys about girls

Will

Cause the US dont give a damn... most of there aussie breeds are hybrids (like jungles and diamonds) In Aus. we have strict rules on our native species, and were not allowed to have species from other countries... lucky for me my fav. snakes are GTP's and Bredli's

yeah? say that to some of the king snake breeders there "purests" are even more anal than we are having some bloodlines as specific as 100k's streach of road in the back of nowhere.

they started crossing there "exotic stuff" as it became illegal for them to import freash bloodlines, so in a last pitch effort to save on "over-inbreeding" they did what whay could, the out crossed,

in fact some states they need to have a permit to keep the local native species (but dont to keep "exotics")

IT DOSE WORK BOTH WAYS ... serisouly

you can cross Morelia with Python??? isnt that impossible seeing they are different genus?

god thats a hot snake lol. could be photoshop, could be real. never know these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back