Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask, whats the point of a post such as this? MANY have been posted before, some have been closed, other (members) have had infringements, whats the point, all points of view have already been given till recently!!!!!

um. ok your 13.. soooo... its like someone really wants a cat , but all the cats are crozzed with dogs and the cats bark not meow.. so that person never gets to have a cat with a meow. sure it looks like a cat but barks so its not a pure cat. and becuase most poeple can't tell the difference between a cat that barks and one that meows they breed them togeither and then there are not "real" cats left.

You noob, you know nothing about genetics, any cat can MEOW, just takes some practice and a decent circular saw :lol:

whats the point of questioning people farma and draging the thread on..just dont comment and let the thread die.

Before you jump up and down about hybrids, you need to ask yourself "what is a hybrid?"... everyone has different veiws on what is right and wrong... is it ok to pair together a childrens from Isa with one from Darwin?, or a Woma from WA with one from NT? or a carpet from Sydney with one from Brisbane? Is it OK to breed a mac from Cairns with one from Tamworth? Is it OK to breed snakes of the same species if you don't even know where they came from?, Is it Ok if they look the same and not if they look different? Yes, breeding a different Genus takes on a whole new meaning but if done naturally isn't it interesting that it is possible? does that make it OK? with so many questions isn't it inevitable that arguments will start... but who is right? you are of course ;)

I just dont understand why the people that get so distressed about the topic cant move their little mouse to a different thread
I was actually interested in hearing peoples knowledgable answers to breeding the different genuses! I suppose not everyones on here to learn though!

I just dont understand why the people that get so distressed about the topic cant move their little mouse to a different thread
I was actually interested in hearing peoples knowledgable answers to breeding the different genuses! I suppose not everyones on here to learn though!

please if you want helpfull infomatin about the subject go to an overseas froum, caus you will only get flames hear.

the members of this froum just cant seam to help them selves on that one, and in over 2 years nothing has changed, play it safe dont mention the "H" word,

and intergraides, that subject is taboo hear too, save the drama for helpfull insite on the matter go elce where for it , lord only know hear it will onley lead to flame wars and suspensions

I've expressed my opinion about this before I believe.

IMO anything done artificially is a hybrid.

Sure there are diamond and coastal intergrades, and sure there are coastal and jungle intergrades... but does that mean you can take any old coastal and cross it with any old jungle? the results 9 times out of 10 will be inferior to either parent.

The example given in the first post is one of only a few. I've seen the parents and some siblings to that pairing, and have to say, that's a nice one. there's a few, but not all are that nive. If the effort was put in, though overseas, a pure substitute could have been found. There are several breeders working one very specific "Ivory jungle" lines over in the states and in other countries. Some of which rival our julatten and stone line black and whites.

I can see where people are going with hybridising, and I can't say I'm not partial to the odd jungle jag, or irian jaya jag, or granite jag etc etc... but when it comes to coastal x jungles and similar, it just doesn't seem worth it. And as far as bredli x ball pythons, or womas x ball pythons... well... that there just seems unneccessary IMO. Like I showed in my previous post, in alot, if not the vast majority of cases, pure specimens are just as, if not more beautiful then the hybrids.

i know people will shout me down

hybrids r the way of the future
the lads in the states are 30yrs ahead of us with
native aussie birds so i spose all we can do is wait n see

These rediculous generalisations and accusations about people and things(ie:all americans are hybrid lovers/breeders) that most of you know absolutely nothing about are plain childish and very offensive to some.To the point that many americans who are antihybrid will not even participate in this forum any longer.There is nothing wrong with having your own opinion,especially when it is an educated opinion.Yes many here in the states create hybrids,but just as many or more do not.You simply see many of them because like anything else unique,they receive more attention and press.What makes it most frustrating,is that many of you have decided all americans are hybridisers based solely on that you have read it on the internet enough times!
I am an american.I do not breed or keep hybrids/crosses.In the eyes of many here,that would make me an anomaly,wich is not even close to reality.
And to the poster who lived in Canada and supposedly observed it firsthand?Last I checked Canada is part of North America,but no part of the USA.Most of the hybrid examples you gave(liger,etc.)did not originate in America.
There is nothing wrong with being a purist and stating it proudly.Just stop stating as fact that it's all the americans fault.If an Australian keeper breeds hybrids,do you truly believe he'd never have done so if those d@mned Americans had'nt?
In the end we all share a passion for these animals and it is a shame we can not even discuss anything without pointing fingers and placing blame.
All the best,
Jamey

Thank you Jamey, nice to get a comment from the horses mouth rather than the horses a, well you get the idea :)

The first documented Liger was actually born in miami

The history of ligers dates to at least the early 19th century in Asia.[citation needed] In 1799, Étienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire (1772–1844) made a colour plate of the offspring of a lion and a tiger.

In 1825, G.B. Whittaker made an engraving of liger cubs born in 1824. The parents and their three liger offspring are also depicted with their trainer in a 19th Century painting in the naĂŻve style.[citation needed]

Two liger cubs which had been born in 1837 were exhibited to William IV and to his successor Victoria. On 14 December 1900 and on 31 May 1901, Carl Hagenbeck wrote to zoologist James Cossar Ewart with details and photographs of ligers born at the Hagenbeck's Tierpark in Hamburg in 1897.[citation needed]

In Animal Life and the World of Nature (1902–1903), A.H. Bryden described Hagenbeck's "lion-tiger" hybrids:

ooo, I stand corrected, I was under the impression it was a late 20th centuary thing.

YOUR ALL SO SMART AND NOLEGABLE when carpets where imported
into the US ,they weren't marked as individual sub species ,only ''carpet pythons'' ,
every thing was marked as a '' carpet python''.
they didn't know any better, they had NO idea. its not like the got the pure stuff and
said OH ,IM AMERICAN ,I IM GONNA CROSS EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF THE
FACT THAT IM IN AMERICA AND IM IN AMERICA ,BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.it wasn't like that.

THEY DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE ,BUT WE DO.

Seriously..i rang up the licensing people the other day ,i asked whats the deal with breeding
hybrid pythons in NSW, they said just tell us and will make up a new species number.
makes me sick....the systems a joke..you can cross a spotted python with a woma
and they will just put the ********* thing on, no questions asked.

Maybe if they took control and did something about it with BIGGER FINES and JAIL TIME
,(12 months jail would stop me from crossing sub species) and if it happend by accident.
send dec over to there house and get them, not just make a new number and put on a big smile.

and maybe something other then a $500 doller fine payed off 5 bucks a week could decrease
the amount of illegal exotics.Australia is a great country, i love it. but being so strick ,yet being so stupid
and not thinking about all aspects of everthing..is just silly. there are better ways and other things such
as importing exotic stock ,quarantined stock and legalising it on paper ,this would reduce the amount
and need to keep illigal exotics. there used to be heaps of people keeping wild caught coastals.
but now they can be bought for under a $100 bucks. i here of alot less people taking a trip up to
queensland to catch coastals ,now that they are so cheap and can be kept on license.
alot less people are doing it

where people hand in there illigal exotics, the government could bring in new clean stock and breed them.
they cant eliminate the problem, but surely they know that what they are doing now isn't working very well??
seriously there are THOUSANDS of exotics here and DEC know it, YET there aren't any boas or Burmese
wild populations around??????

ok back to hybrids.

iv herd purists (people that love and cherish this hobby) are planning to ring up the big
breeders of hybrids ,when they come public and are going to have ''a little get together''
so go for your life's ,but know this...there are some Wackos out there that don't like it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
quote............ ( iv herd purists (people that love and cherish this hobby) are planning to ring up the big
breeders of hybrids ,when they come public and are going to have ''a little get together''
so go for your life's ,but know this...there are some Wackos out there that don't like it. ) ....unquote

is this a threat ???????? Mr ntvnm ...or Mrs ...

Wanna buy a Hybrid ?

i think you misunderstood my post. settle down..
its wasn't a threat and i have no intentions of doing such things
i was talking about others.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back