Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scale_Addiction

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i just saw the ad for jungle cross MD's in the trader,
how awesome is that!!!

i know cross breeding kinda sux, but imagine owning a 'NEW BREED'
where no one knows what it will look like, thats completly awesome,
might look plain as a hatchie and turn out to be this wicked looking snake,

i say bring on the designer snakes...

imagine the possibilites!!!!

I hope people are finally coming to terms with this. :wink:

But I have a feeling you are going to stir up the hornets nest again :lol:

how many junglexmd are you buying azztech? just the one or a pair?

Yep bring on the designer snakes,we have a lot of variety as it is but start crossing albinos with a few of the different morphs around and the variety will become even more as well as completely different from what we're used to seeing.I know a guy who crossed murrys with bredli many years ago and he said they wer stunning looking animals..actually designer sakes have been around for years where you selectively choose the nicest looking offspring from a clutch and do that generation after generation....that doesn't happen in nature and is basically a man made designer snake!!!

The purity of heaps of the carpet stock here in Oz can certainly be questioned especially with coastals,jungles and diamonds...

Thing is browny it is possible for stunning pure animals to be bred in the wild, a jungle cross md just isn't going to happen no matter how much people want it to.

Hybribs are not a good idea for the herp community, how do you know what you are purchasing 20yrs down the track when hybrids have been bred with other hybrids. Pure lines should stay pure for the sake of the gene pool, the species and the herpers.

Kurt

Thing is browny it is possible for stunning pure animals to be bred in the wild, a jungle cross md just isn't going to happen no matter how much people want it to.
Yeah i know where you're coming from dude,i'm actually getting more at the albino carpets being crossed to produce stunning looking different animals.We've all seen so many jungles and yeah they vary heaps as do many species but i myself am looking forward to something different and new,not a new breed just something different.Crossing many of our carpets as is without involving albinos you may get some nice snakes but i bet there'll be a lot of dog ugly ones and again it all comes down to personal opinion and taste!!

It appears that Jungle x MD intergrades are extremely prolific and incredibly fecund. It's only a hatchling, but this is the third thrread that particular snake has spawned on this site, God knows how many threads it's sired elsewhere.

:p

Hix

Azztech said:
i just saw the ad for jungle cross MD's in the trader,
how awesome is that!!!

i know cross breeding kinda sux, but imagine owning a 'NEW BREED'
where no one knows what it will look like, thats completly awesome,
might look plain as a hatchie and turn out to be this wicked looking snake,

i say bring on the designer snakes...

imagine the possibilites!!!!

And thas what your selling then I take it or are you trying to give a plug for a mates lazy offspring.
I dont recall there being a register for snake breeds. Would take a bit more work than a one off.
Check out what constitutes a breed in other animals.

RE: Re: !!! HYBRIDS !!!

I find the whole subject really quite funny, virtually no-one on this forum knows the true origins of their snakes but they jump up and down when someone dares to do something different. My advice is get over it because it is happening and probably has been for sometime but you just don't know it ;-)

wow i am having a dejavu experience...

Couldn't agree more, this thing just goes around in circles. To condense the whole thing, hybrids are here, buy them if you want them or don't buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back