Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hybrids

In the early years before the childrens group were seperated when they were all just called childrtens pythons!They were inta bred for years.But you dont see any of these hybridized adults around today.Because they are infeareir!Yet i have Maculosus and childreni pure bred animals that are 18 and 20 years old.I know people want something differentin a clutch of womas out of 10 young no 2 will look the same.they all have slightly different patterning and different personalitys.In many years of keeping I have seen many keepers hybridize different pythons over the years.But none of these have gone on to have long lives.This must point out that they were not ment to be.Personaly if it cant meet and breed in the wild i dont think it should be done in captivity.But thats just my opiniun for what its wirth.The naturaly difference that happens in any one clutch is enough for me regards SHANE

RE: Hybrids

who gives a rats bottom (no pun intended) about what happens in the wild... this is in my house i'm talking about. and although i agree we need to keep some 'purity' in the origanal blood lines, i'm fully with having some awesome looking snakes, and for you tossers that are giving me a hard time, no i don't know the seller, and yes i am interested in purchasing one to see how it looks as an adult.

i can't stimpulate this enough!!! if your sooo concerned about the 'wild welfare aspects' of these animals, why keep them in a half-assed version of their enviroment.

AKA - stop yabbering on about their generic structure in the wild, these are captive animals and should be treated accordingly.

( i might add, when i started this, it was obtain idea's from other hybrid lovers, not ramble from critics.

its already happening bring it on no one will be able to control it any way lets hope some one creates some sunners long as you know how thgey are created im all for it

Don't cape york carpets occur naturally??

But none of these have gone on to have long lives.This must point out that they were not ment to be.Personaly if it cant meet and breed in the wild i dont think it should be done in captivity.But thats just my opiniun for what its wirth.The naturaly difference that happens in any one clutch is enough for me regards SHANE
I believe you keep Capes Shane from a previous thread on capes.

Not the ones that are sold and called Capes ether...they are a stunning python though!

Re: RE: Hybrids

Azztech said:
( i might add, when i started this, it was obtain idea's from other hybrid lovers, not ramble from critics.

Tell yourself that often enough and even you might believe it oneday.
Your a trouble maker. Said as much yourself.

If they occur naturally then fine, i have no problems. It's just when people start breeding things like jungles x MD's then i have a problem. They will never occur naturally and in my opinion should never be bred together.

At this rate, it 20 years time we will have nfi as to what we are buying.

Yeah i've always said i'm fine with hybrids as long as they're sold as such.

Don't lie.....

The Capes are Atherton jungle x Cape York coastal carpets the ones that are in the hobby but yes of course pure capes occur naturally.

well the trains long left the station cause ive seen two other hybrids you guys arent even talking about some look like they are going to be nice snakes so you can talk all you like but they are happening and will keep happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back