Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But aren't there quite enough already in hands of breeders? Don't get me wrong the more the better but is there no other snake deserving that hasn't got much attention already?

Australia Zoo have a breeding program underway so I guess that would be pretty big.

Just curious, when people catch and release you have to put them from the spot they came from, how does this work for captive bred specimens?

i would totally invest in CONSERVATION of a threatened species,
seems people only care about the snakes that are pretty or expensive or just plain gay
as amatuer herpetologists we have a duty towards threatened species above all else
am i making sense?

Love your work, snakepimp. :)

lmao @ david evans...

And niomi ..... well yes ummm ... lol

I wouldnt be breeding them I would invest in someone with a little more experience ...

Mrs I

xxx

While in the realms of fantasy, use the money to bring a species of python not currently being bred/kept in private collections, White Lips, Oenpelli Rock Python.

You could pick anything, but at the end of the day you need to breed them to actually make a decent return, can you do that yourself? If not invest your money elsewhere.

lmao @ david evans...

And niomi ..... well yes ummm ... lol

I wouldnt be breeding them I would invest in someone with a little more experience ...

Mrs I

xxx

Do you know someone you can trust with $70,000 worth of animals? :shock:

whats with buying expensive snakes? to get the most profit you would buy whatever lays the most eggs and get some stupid amount of them. like you could get nearly 1000 beardies, then you would be producing like 20000 beardies a year, hmmm good luck selling them all.

A mixture of them all is the way to go, you could just go through a website like southern x and buy a pair of everything, then some extras with whatever is left (if any)

I would set up the best reptile room i could, get a small variety of reptiles and donate the rest to the rspca, either that or buy that horrible pet shop thats been in threads lately

I agree about the albino's for sure and probably darwins and green tree pythons. I have a friend with a small to medium Zoo and he just made a fortune with some crocs. not sure which ones. He also made an amazing return on a couple of female Macaws that had 4 eggs/babies each if your uncle was interested in birds that is. You should also consider jungles they always get a good price.

Like the thread states ... a hypothetical question ....

I like the idea of getting a trio of lots of things...... lol

Mrs I

xxx

Id have to get a few jungles and young scrubbys - if no venomous ones!

I hadnt finished my post, how rude,...
I would love all the above

i would build a big herp room and buy
say 5 pairs of rough scaled pythons as they are far easier to breed than gtp's

i would love to get a couple of pairs of GTP's as i think they are the most spectacular python in the world. however, i wouldnt just go out a buy them but instead try and get involved with someone that breeds them so i can gain a bit of experience first. would be devastated if something happened to them, lol.
apart from that, i would get some rough scaled pythons mainly because, although there are some being produced, it is in VERY limited numbers and i think it would be great to boost the populations a bit......plus they are an awesome python.
would also be great to try and bring some species in that arent currently in captivity as previously mentioned.
cheers, ian

i'd buy two exotic snakes, spend a lot of money on their postage transportation so ithey dont get hurt in anyway and so i dont get caugh, breed them and make a lot of money,

hey, you said hypothetical :)

however this is ofcourse completely disregarding how harmful they may be on the ecosystem, so my dreams have been crrushed yet again!

If you have $70,000 to invest in somthing dont do it in herps

Albino olives, GTP, and Macaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back