Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing....
nor do i expect it....

just fail to see how people aiming to make it fair, make it less so

i say everyone gives the name of sumone else on thise site who has helped them in there APS lifetime, the person with the most votes wins? every months have different critieria...

1st month - peoples choice (people vote for others)
2nd month - most posts in 2 weeks?
3rd month - person who can name most snake species?
4th month - people vote for koolest name?
5th month - a trivia quiz?
6th month - guess the picture of a certain snake?
7th month - admin gives clues on a snake people must guess?
8th month - finding a certain forsale item on APS?
9th month - able too give most nicknames for certain reptile?
10th month - spelling test?
11th month - current reptiles kept? (points given accordingly)
12th month - 50words or less why u think u deserve to win?

I think this is almost on track, just don't let people to vote for each other, they have mates and will only vote for there mates.

we should probably do something like Donk said, its fare and everyone has a chance. I think the first month should be based on the best 12 ideas the everyone comes up with, and have a point toll that ranges from 1 - 100, every one that comes up with an idea gets a additional 5 points, each person that won the best ideas for the first month gets 10 points.

ei:
everyone that puts an idea forward gets an additional 5 points.
1st Month: best 12 ideas picked (10 points each)
2nd Month:
3rd Month:
4th Month:
5th Month:
6th Month:
7th Month:
8th Month:
9th Month:
10th Month:
11th Month:
Final Month: Winner will be chosen by admin team (person with most points) IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE PERSON WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNT, THERE WILL BE A EXSTRA HARD CHELANGES BETWEEN THE REMAINING PEOPLE.

1st Prize
2nd Prize
3rd Prize

will be chosen out of the last few people with the best answer or time.

but make it fare on everyone The admin team can choose the best of 12 ideas and choose easy to hardest.

thats what I think cheers jody.

C'mon, it must be herp related! Where would the fun be without reptiles? The competition is for reptiles, surely they should be the theme! If you want to win a snake, you should know something about snakes or at least be happy to have an excuse to learn about them :)

when belly button lint, religion and political posts out number the herp related topics? :lol: :lol: :lol: not having a shot at you sdaji just found that statement rather amusing. :lol:

I've read through this thread and in my opinion the only level playing field for members would be some sort of lottery competition. I know this is against what Simon wished but it is very hard to choose some sort of competition which doesn't give someone or a particular group, an unfair advantage. Eg: Photography. some members may take great photos while others don't own a camera etc

The previous Southern Cross Reptile win an Albino draw was done using people's reptile keeper's licence numbers. Everyone had a chance, everyone only had one entry and it was just luck of the draw on the day.

I think some similar draw using RK licences is the best way to go, as it makes sure everyone only has one chance. All you'd have to do is log onto a page on southern cross website, fill in a form, with name, APS logon name and Reptile licence. That way everyone can only enter once and its fair to all. :D

By only using APS logon names it may give someone an unfair advantage. if they have two or three accounts and nicknames here on APS. Easy to do by registering different email addresses etc.

excellent point.. lets make it religion based....
in the chat.... someone says a verse from the bible, tora or koran.... and people have to name the passage #'s and the translation its from!
its in chat, so google is useless....

now.... i'd be no good at that.... oweing to being obsessed with religion ;).....

I think something based around albino's would be good. Perhaps a short 2 page document describing them and their needs. To even the playing field, just make it so its in Microsoft Word format, so everyone can use it. Just do your own research, make it look appealing and pretty. the 2 page limit will ensure it's not too much work, and will stop the nerds from rambling on :p Gives everyone a fair go as most people will have internet access for research, I think you might even be able to write 2 pages on albinos from the info on the forums here! Something nice and easy for everyone?? And yes, a deadline date as well, with font size limit, or better yet a word limit. hmmm?? hmmmmm????:D

*sigh*

What a can of worms you have opened up here Slateman.

hehehe

Haha!! Can we add in some grammer and punctuation too?!

I think that in the spirit of Reality TV, whoever wants to be in with a chance to win should be given a pair of gum boots, some gardening gloves, hiking boots and clothes, a tent and camping supplies, a supply of tinned and packet food, a bush tucker book and a bunch of pillowcases. They should then jump from a plane high above the Outback with a parachute with their supplies following them (also with a parachute) and whoever can last for 12 months, catch the most interesting looking herps (which of course will be released back into the wild once assessed and counted) and find their way back to civilisation should win the albino :)

I think my idea should win a prize :)

Considering your lack of it in the first line of this post, your idea is GOLD!!!!!

The voting idea has been tried in the past and was a spectacular failure. Some people went to great lengths to create false accounts to vote for themselves or friends. I guess competition just brings out the worst in some people.
I like the lottery idea, I think that is the only fair way. The spelling test suggestion actually made me do a spit-take :) That would be interesting, half our members would be out of the running straight away.
As with all these competitions, I will not be entering. I always feel that it would look bad if one of the moderators won one of these prizes, so I never go in them even though there is no rule to say we can't.

maybe it could be based on who can taunt the sandgropers the best? based on how! or? no matter how hard they try regardless of luck or skill! they can't win :twisted::twisted::twisted::lol::lol:

i think that a lottery/raffle would be good. you should actually purchase your ticket for $5.00 or $10.00 and funds raised could go towards the running of this site or used in some other way, maybe prize for next comp. one ticket per member.
should be only open to members that have joined by a certain date.
cheers:)

You are all wrong , the APS member with the most tattoos should get it!!! :D:D:D:D:lol:

How about the person that donates the most money to an Australian reptile (turtle) conservation based charity wins it?

I think a year is too long, take the last comp for example - once the leaders were a few points up most people dropped out.

well if you think of it this way how long would it take you to save up and buy one? its not that long if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back