Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxc_celly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! im opening this thread to find out what are your opinions on intergrades like coastal x diamonds? Do not tell me this has been discussed before, i know it has. Cant wait to hear your thoughts!

lol i told u not to tell me that! lol. I know theres new members now, and some ppl didnt put an opinion last time. Just want people thoughts on them, breeding them, if ppl actually buy hatchlings, if they should exist or not, just ppls thoughts! Thanks!

they shoudlnt exsist and if for some stupid reason they are bred they should be no more then $10 each

IMO

i agree with maddy..they should NOT exist.... may as well cross a dog with a cat

Natural intergrades and hybrids (eg. coastal x diamond) are two completely different things.

I'm with MrBredli- they are completely different.
Intergrades are naturally occuring occuring.......hybrids are mongrels.
I like neither.

What do you mean should they exist or not. Us humans have no say in the matter. They are natually occurring and are the missing links as one sub species turns into another due to climatic changes or geographical barriers.

The Coastal Diamond intergrades are commonly bred in captivity, and even though they regulary look very close to Diamonds are far more hardier and make easier pets to keep. In NSW they even have their own species ID number

Natural integrades r fine, but they most certainly r not the evil hybrids ie diamond X coastals.

I know i dont in comparison to most people on here. But i know better then to breed mongrals... and I dont agree with poeple that do :)

Intergrades are not mongrels; they occur naturally. They are just as natural as Diamond Pythons, Jungle Carpets or Darwin Carpets.

are there poeple out there who wild catch them and breed themor sell them off as pure?

Im sure there is... Thats what i have a problem with. Not the snake itself but the people dealing with it. As long as there is hybrids/intergrades people will continue to not get what they paid for.

There are people who own naturally occuring intergrades, for example Port Macquarie Carpets, who breed them and sell them as exactly what they are, Port Macquarie Carpets. It would be very hard to pass off a Port Mac Carpet as a Diamond.

if it accurs naturaly i think its fine, and this is just my opinion, but breeding them in captivity just doesnt seem right to me, its like crossing 2 different types of birds or fish or something like that. jmo.

Not for all the novice people buying them... chances are they will believe anything they are told. Which from what i have seen is wrong 9 times out of 10. I guess we all have our own opinions, be yours that it may, I just dont have to agree with it :)

I know i dont in comparison to most people on here. But i know better then to breed mongrals... and I dont agree with poeple that do :)

Don't take this the wrong way but you like many many other herpers are truly uninformed about intergrades. Firstly for some reason people automatically ascociate the terms "Intergrade" and "Hybrid" with coastal and Diamonds?? They all seem to forget about the overlap of different localities of carpets. Secondly I can garuntee that I could show some Intergrades/Hybrids that no one would ever pick as being Intergrades/Hybrids.

So basically I think that while it comes down to personal choice I think that in all fairness those of you who say that they shouldn't be should first look at some of the ones around. I personally like intergrades/Hybrids and have seen some amazing looking ones and as for cost??? Well it all comes down again to personal choice as to how much you are willing to sped o any herp be they Intergrades/Hybrids or pures.

For instance I sold off a nine foot male diamond in prime condition some years ago for $250 because I don't find diamonds all that nice while others would say they are the only snake to have.

What are your opinons on Atherton Jungles x Palmerston

Hey Trev, Just wondering who this question was for or was it an open one? I personally have to see the animal in question before I passed judgement.

It's funny how people accept hybrids in canines, felines, Horses, and bovines but not in herps? I mean we eat beef from hybrids bred for better beef production. We bet on horses bred for racing and people breed and love dogs such as the labradoodle, or any of the ????doodles.

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back