Is it a good idea to put 2 different snakes together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about when the Olive grows bigger? I have seen pictures on here of a captive bred olive half way through swallowing a port mac carpet.
It sounds like you will do what ever you want but the bottom line is that just because it is working for you now it does not mean they are now besties and will always get along. While ever they are kept together there is a risk of one deciding not to wait for it's next rat and downing it's companion instead.
Hopefully that won't happen, but if it does you can't say you were not warned.

Go for it.Please keep us posted on how the story ends.

Wait i found it lol. Here you buddy, this is how good of an idea it is.

Attachments

• olive_eating_intergrade_132.jpg
    olive_eating_intergrade_132.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 319
Wait i found it lol. Here you buddy, this is how good of an idea it is.

brutal... ya rekon that meal would fit perfect ay. lol

Kodie= keep us posted on how ya go, i hope it all works out for you but if you have the space you mate you really should consider seperation. ive had dragons live together for years and then out of nowhere just decide to kick off and one always ends up losing a limb or tail. In snakes you will end up losing one of the two. keep that in mind mate. GL

Kodie please listen to the advice that you ASKED for. Do NOT put them together. If you do you will be doing more harm then good. There are soo many reasons why. please do the right thing by both of the snakes.

Assuming you only have one enclosure , you could get a big [ 50l or more ] click clack and put one in for now . Put the click clack in the big cage and it will stay warm , good for now . [ dont forget the air holes ;]

Assuming you only have one enclosure , you could get a big [ 50l or more ] click clack and put one in for now . Put the click clack in the big cage and it will stay warm , good for now . [ dont forget the air holes ;]
Where would you put the click clack?
It still needs a gradient.

Why cant it be released if it only has one eye? I think your vet is retarded to let it stay with you!!

Because it is blind in 1 eye it can't hunt properly , we have tested it with live stuff and it can't feed. so it is unfit for the wild...

just so everyone knows, the olive python is about 2m in length and a little fatter than a garden hose. the Carpet Python is 2.3m and about as fat as your arm. i know for a fact that they wont eat each other..... will keep you posted on what happening. by the way, i do have 2 cages. both 1000mm long X 400mm high and 400mm wide. and they both connect with 100mm PVC pipe. so they have been separated for about 3 months then i decided to put them together.

not a load... ok it see's the food, strikes. misses to the left... strikes again. misses to the right. strikes again misses abotu 3 more times then gets it..... you basically have to hit it on the nose for it to strike on target....

i know for a fact that they wont eat each other..... will keep you posted on what happening.

Yeah please do. Then at least there'll be another thread for the next idiot who 'knows for a fact' what his animals are and are not capable of.

Just a shame that one of these poor animals is likely to die before you realise your mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back