Is it a good idea to put 2 different snakes together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im just wondering how a 16 year old kid got the all clear to keep a wild olive python wich is injured/ and it should be alot more bigger that a rose just sayin

Would you look at that... you learn something new everyday. I never knew snakes were predominantly visual hunters, I wonder what those scales on the corners of their mouths are. They look so cool with those pits... and that forked tongue, wow could you believe how sensitive it is to smells. It could even discern from which side the smell comes from depending on which side of the fork has more sensory stimuli. Never knew one blind eye could affect them so much being such visual hunters.

Yes well usually an injured animal would go to an authorised carer..... but vets don't always do that, they often let people look after things. I suppose its better than the person just killing it because they can't trust the vet for advice or medication.

Yes well usually an injured animal would go to an authorised carer..... but vets don't always do that, they often let people look after things. I suppose its better than the person just killing it because they can't trust the vet for advice or medication.
i am an authorised carer... i am the local wild life carer where i live ok. you would not believe what i have to look after sometimes....

i am an authorised carer... i am the local wild life carer where i live ok. you would not believe what i have to look after sometimes....

Perhaps you should act more responsibly then and not house 2 wild animals (one with a handicap) together. Snakes are not a domesticated animal that have lost their natural instincts and traits, they will take full advantage of opportunity and enjoy a scaley snack at some stage.

im just wondering how a 16 year old kid got the all clear to keep a wild olive python wich is injured/ and it should be alot more bigger that a rose just sayin
like it's bigger than a hose but i mean it's not as fat as the carpet python.... if you look at the picture in the first page you'll understand what i mean

As thick as a hose? Mate has an albino darwin thicker than that at 50-60 cm

Perhaps you should act more responsibly then and not house 2 wild animals (one with a handicap) together. Snakes are not a domesticated animal that have lost their natural instincts and traits, they will take full advantage of opportunity and enjoy a scaley snack at some stage.
it gives them more room to move around.... and plus if they're happy why not let them be

As thick as a hose? Mate has an albino darwin thicker than that at 50-60 cm
ok sorry, a hose was a little bit of an understatement. i can just fit my fingers around his body.

it gives them more room to move around.... and plus if they're happy why not let them be

Because doing so puts one of them at risk. Knowingly putting an animal at risk = Cruelty. Good way to lose your authorisation as a wildlife carer.... just sayin'

There is no way this kid is his local wildlife carer, he might think he is but im betting hes not.

haha i am, my whole family is...
any proof , sorry but im not exactly going to just take your word for it and if you truly are then your family need to have a re think about if there the right people for the job

Geez what would you guys on a reptile forum know about housing reptiles together, the kid is a wildlife carer he... he.... he.... nah can't keep going I'm out.

Last edited:
So your whole family is wildlife carers and they think he cant catch things in the wild because he has one eye, and they also let you keep them together?
This has to be a troll

any proof , sorry but im not exactly going to just take your word for it and if you truly are then your family need to have a re think about if there the right people for the job
snakes are mine.... i will let you know if they eat one another...

snakes are mine.... i will let you know if they eat one another...
This has to be a troll, if not you are an idiot. I would have thought your family would atleast have SOME basic knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back