Is it a good idea to put 2 different snakes together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am an authorised carer... i am the local wild life carer where i live ok. you would not believe what i have to look after sometimes....

Kodie, have a look at some of ImportedVaranus' threads here.... THEN you will know what it takes to be an "authorised" (or not!) carer, looking after injured/incapacitated/unwell animals is all about....

Keeping different species together is great, it really cuts down on the food bill.

malealbandtigerjungle011.jpg

By the way how on earth does an olive lose an eye in a quoll trap?

snakes are mine.... i will let you know if they eat one another...
i asked for proof not that , why exactly did you quote me for that reply has nothing to do with what i asked

snakes are mine.... i will let you know if they eat one another...
Awesome. Can u pm me when u do so I do not miss the thread before it is removed for excess abuse and I miss all the action.

Kodie u really started a bushfire with this thread. Also u said the snakes are happy together? Not sure but are they smiling and kickin the footy together? Or are they just puttin up with one another till u miss a feed day by a few days...
Im not callin u dumb but u need to be open to the fact that u asked and u recived... Group opinion is not not a good idea.. Also u are a carer just take care of them keep them seperate.

This whole thing is way too suspicious. I'm not going to go to the extent of re-reading and quoting various points.. But my memory says originally 5ft olive python.. which is now 2m... (closer to 7 ft) and.. "i'm not an expert" yet... "I know what I'm doing!!"

Last edited:
i am an authorised carer... i am the local wild life carer where i live ok. you would not believe what i have to look after sometimes....

Wow they must just give them out where you are...
Here in Qld you need to be over 18 years of age, give two references, provide evidence that you are NOT an idiot, have appropiate support from a veterinary clinic and have your property inspected to ensure you have enough space and a quarantine area - especially if you have your own collection as neither the WC or CBs should be put at risk.

All I can say is I am glad the wildlife carers I know, including myself would never ever be so stupid...
So you must have a Rehab wildlife carers licence then?

Keeping different species together is great, it really cuts down on the food bill.

malealbandtigerjungle011.jpg

By the way how on earth does an olive lose an eye in a quoll trap?
well a quoll was trapped and the olive got in the cage. had a fight with the quoll lost 1 eye/ ate the quoll and was to fat to get out...

Whoever knew one-eyed snakes couldn't hunt? I'm booking a trip to Chappell Island to rescue all those poor tiger snakes. I never realised they were all slowly starving to death with their damaged eyes. Loads of them are blind in both eyes so they must be even worse off!

What type of carer are you Kodie? Do you have a license yourself, or is it just your parents and you help out?

You say you are the 'local carer' in your area, but say that all of your family have licences. That does contradict with your statement.

Im so glad people like you Kodie put threads up like this, makes newbies to the hobbie like me feel so much better about myself and my husbandry knowledge and skill.

Much like the sadcases on social media making me feel good that my life isnt so miserable.

I cant believe this is real though not after what ive read so far, im leaning towards it being one of those nasty things that live under bridges

Rule 14
I believe the troll has won.

Let's try adding some humour with a stupid haiku:

Philosoraptor
Socially Awkward Penguin
Anti-Joke Chicken

What type of carer are you Kodie? Do you have a license yourself, or is it just your parents and you help out?

You say you are the 'local carer' in your area, but say that all of your family have licences. That does contradict with your statement.
i have my Wildlife Carers Perment, i live on a small island and my family is the local cares.... we have authorization to be cares. we mainly deal with wallabys and birds but the snakes are mine.....

Kodie, if you are stupid enough to leave two snakes together of a different species than your an idiot... You don't deserve a licence and you have no idea... I think your just looking for an argument on APS and wasting peoples time... Get a life and the snakes would be better off released in the wild than in your care...

Kodie, if you are stupid enough to leave two snakes together of a different species than your an idiot... You don't deserve a licence and you have no idea... I think your just looking for an argument on APS and wasting peoples time... Get a life and the snakes would be better off released in the wild than in your care...

True true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back