is it cruel to keep a snake in captivity?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of being cruel i just fed my warm childreni a nice mouse like every week and now she's back in her oversized warm enclosure....im so cruel

newtosnakes, I think it is a french pastry

What about for your snakes? It'd be cruel to eat french pastries when all they have is yucky old frozen rats.

yeah true true i should have given her some of my dinner!i might next week ohh no i eat everyday shoud i feed her everyday? i'd be cruel not too?

Oh i'm sorry Kersten, i find when my snakes have upset tummies a nice cup of tea with some honey in it helps them.

I prefer croissants, at least I think I do. Uf'tards don't sound very nice. Does anyone know of a bakery which makes them?

i couldn't be bothered reading through ten pages to get up to speed on this thread, so i'll just throw in my two cents and hopefully it won't have been covered yet.

captive animals receive:

Heating
Food
Hygiene
Parasite removal
Medical
Water

all in perfect supply. i don't think they are complaining somehow. i think the only cruelty falls into the category of how well they are kept in captivity.

i rarely lash out anymore, but anyone who thinks that a captive snake is better off in the wild is an idiot.

Snakes would have to be the first animal to go down hill in a captive environment if the were not happy. Stress would set in....then all the side affects would quickly follow...canker, etc...then very quickly a dead snake.

Unless you were as thick as two planks....you would have a pretty good idea if your snake wasn't happy!!

How can you compare reptiles to humans? ie.Asking people how would they like to spend their life in a cage? You are basing your argument on an emotional level by comparing snakes to humans yet you dismiss peoples comparisons with birds,cats,dogs etc. In doing so you have undermined your own position to the extent that you no longer even have a point. As I read through your posts, there is very little substance to your argument at all just a lot of emotion.

Is it cruel to keep snakes in captivity? You might as well ask is it cruel to eat meat?Or why not take it even further, is it cruel for us to even exist at the expense of other animals and plant life?

what is a f'tard? that's what i want to know...
me to newtosnakes, some obscure scientific word, like sdaji
just got in and am now having a great peruse through what i think was a fun night, :)
ps . there is one member,me, and one lurker.on line.havnt seen that before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back