Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we all take chill pills

OP has plenty of reasonable information now
No need to get too carried away

- - - Updated - - -

Sel you will notice about ven keepers
They very very rarely get tagged
So when you are ready for vens you will have a similar outcome

Yeh Longqi :) Im actually more worried about the Big Pythons..lol

Just a few facts as advice

Fact 1; You dont need to feed snakes out of their enclosures
Fact 2; If your snake is biting and wrapping it is hungry
That is called a feeding response bite
No good for you or the snakes
Easy fixed by feeding it more
Fact 3;Its NOT part of owning snakes to get bitten
If bitten it means you made a mistake
Thats the only thing getting bitten means

Enjoy

As always, you make some very good points. I just wanted to add though, you say that getting bitten is not part of owning snakes. I have to disagree in a way. As snake owners, we've all been bitten at some point, whether it was our fault or not, and as such we've learned not to make those same mistakes again. That learning experience to me seems very much part of keeping snakes.

As always, you make some very good points. I just wanted to add though, you say that getting bitten is not part of owning snakes. I have to disagree in a way. As snake owners, we've all been bitten at some point, whether it was our fault or not, and as such we've learned not to make those same mistakes again. That learning experience to me seems very much part of keeping snakes.
Yep, Im sure all the elapid keepers on here just love copping a tag and shrugging it off because 'its just a part of owning snakes'

Yep, Im sure all the elapid keepers on here just love copping a tag and shrugging it off because 'its just a part of owning snakes'

You make a good point lol but slightly flawed. People that keep elapids *generally* don't start out with their first snake being an elapid. They learn and pick up handling skills over time. I'd like you to find me an elapid keeper that has never been bitten by any snake (mainly when they were new to reptiles, likely a python bite). Plus, there are certainly people that do get bitten by elapids, and to quote someone I spoke to the other night that frequently handles them: "All elapid handlers know it's coming eventually". So I stand by what I said.

whats the best way to get them off when they have bitten?

My stimmie hates F10 and pulls back from it every time I use it. So, when she bit me and held on one time, I sprayed her with diluted F10. She let go very quickly.

Whoah - I was giving my spotted 2 fuzzies & was still getting feeding aggressiveness so now on hoppers (after some advice from a very expereinced breeder) & he's now he's as happy as a pig in....& he looks half the size of your jungle (maybe eve less) so I would go with what longqi said as he would know!!!!

All the good points that i made had a few posters lost for words and saying they'll bow down to my supiour knowledge .
i think you took it all the wrong way , no ones really lost for words because they where good points so to say , just give it up mate , your coming across as an arrogant know it all , nothing more nothing less

I think its more than fair to think you know more than somebody who has kept reptiles for 15 years longer than you've even been alive. This reminds me of someone else who recently, and constantly, liked to remind us of there 7 years experience lol

yeah, has happened to me twice now, same finger too :x I keep forgetting Friday is food day....

MlwkYzs.jpg

ExzhlO1.jpg

although, mines tiny compared to your's! :oops:

whats the best way to get them off when they have bitten? I flicked luke warm water at her and she backed of enough. I've read that you can also detach them slowly by starting at the tail but im unsure how effective that is.
note: she has a vivarium being built for as we speak, so she'll be out of that tub shortly.

A little dab of listerene or a dab of whiskey right near their mouth get em off ya every time. Remember, some snakes are ok with being in water and it doesn't faze them.

My boa had my thumb in her mouth once (stupid feeding error), I had 180 perfect teeth marks. Water did not work. After she realized I wasn't food, she let go. My Cali King I had (RIP Sebastian, old age got him) latched and wrapped me a good one once, a lil dab of Bushmills was all it took. Guess he wanted some meat to go with his before dinner shot!

If you have an issue with a post someone makes do NOT respond in a similar manner, report it and let the mods deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back