Kids with Nazi-inspired names removed from home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitler did ALOT of good for his country & countrymen in the beginning.
You either die a hero, or you hang around long enough to see yourself become the villain. ^.^

Yes, hitler and adolf are both common names. yes, there were probably many people around that time with the same name, just like there's people running around with the name jesus. its when you give someone the full name, "Adolf Hitler Campbell" or "Jesus Christ (surname)" that you start to get labelled as a stirer. Whether they are nazis or racists or not, most people know the connotations and know the potential attention they'll get, especially when all three kids have names like that. No, ideally they *shouldn't* get attention just for their choice of name, but we all know they will, which is why I think they're just trying to provoke sensitive people.

As to losing the kids, do you seriously think social services care about their names? They're struggling for funding and foster homes as it is without having to worry about naming choices.

Sorry, I talk too much. it's 3am and I can't sleep.

200 odd years ago, Australia wasn't even as advanced as the European middle ages..
I guess the Europeans can give some thanks to the invading Romans in the same way
the Australia Aboriginals can give thanks to those settlers here 200 old years ago :).

On a side note, i do like the purity policy on Icelandic domestic animals, nice horses.

What should all these people be thankful for? You're assuming that today's world is the best of how many possible outcomes? What do you mean by 'advanced'? Sanitation? Because you can't possibly mean anything socio-cultural. 'European' doesn't denote 'best'.
Eurocentrism isn't actually a good thing (just a heads up). I'm assuming you mean that the Aboriginal people here should be thankful that they were invaded, 'civilised' and brought forward to the 18th century? Their way of living was actually quite successful. So successful that they were able to survive as a people and propagate for how many thousands of years independant of Europe? What did the Romans do other than spread Roman-ness? Other communities benefitted sure for a multitude of reasons, but I'd like to see what evidence you have that proves that the world's peoples would have crashed and burned had the Romans not been inclined to spread their boarders.
And if you want to thank anyone in Europe, that'd be the Greeks, who incidentally were going quite strong before the ascension of the Roman Empire. So where the Egyptions btw ;)

What should all these people be thankful for? You're assuming that today's world is the best of how many possible outcomes? What do you mean by 'advanced'? Sanitation? Because you can't possibly mean anything socio-cultural. 'European' doesn't denote 'best'.
Eurocentrism isn't actually a good thing (just a heads up). I'm assuming you mean that the Aboriginal people here should be thankful that they were invaded, 'civilised' and brought forward to the 18th century? Their way of living was actually quite successful. So successful that they were able to survive as a people and propagate for how many thousands of years independant of Europe? What did the Romans do other than spread Roman-ness? Other communities benefitted sure for a multitude of reasons, but I'd like to see what evidence you have that proves that the world's peoples would have crashed and burned had the Romans not been inclined to spread their boarders.
And if you want to thank anyone in Europe, that'd be the Greeks, who incidentally were going quite strong before the ascension of the Roman Empire. So where the Egyptions btw ;)

Could not agree more.

The idea that invasion is the only, or even fastest way for a civilisation to 'advance' is complete poppycock.
Any suggestion otherwise smells a little like invaders trying to justify the actions of their ancestors and in doing so, absolve themselves.

I'm not suggesting anyone need suffer for the actions of their ancestors, but I am suggesting you wear it, admit it and not spin it into something it's not.

My ancestors did terrible things to the coasts of europe for centuries, but I'm not about to suggest those communities somehow owe modern vikings any level of gratitude, despite any advances they may or may not have made as a result.

You would TRY to beat the crap out of somebody because of their name?
So you are saying you would TRY to inflict pain upon a child because you dislike their parents choice of title?

School children of all ages can be incredibly cruel. If it's not someone's name, it's the colour of their hair, their accent or the brand of shoes they wear. Anything that makes them a little different. The horrible thing about bullies is that they make themselves feel great by making someone else feel awful. They are to be pitied and helped because they are obviously severely unhappy people themselves. That having been said... they also need to be stopped from hurting others.

Eurocentrism isn't actually a good thing (just a heads up). I'm assuming you mean that the Aboriginal people here should be thankful that they were invaded, 'civilised' and brought forward to the 18th century? Their way of living was actually quite successful. So successful that they were able to survive as a people and propagate for how many thousands of years independant of Europe? What did the Romans do other than spread Roman-ness? Other communities benefitted sure for a multitude of reasons, but I'd like to see what evidence you have that proves that the world's peoples would have crashed and burned had the Romans not been inclined to spread their boarders...

Why would i have any evidence to back a point i didn't even make :lol:.. i didn't even try to imply the worlds people
would of crashed and burned with out the romans.... and the worlds people wouldn't of crashed and burnt with out
the Greeks or Egyptians either, or the great Asiatic nations ... but they all played their part in advancing the world.
I also didn't make any suggestion that the Australian Aboriginals were particularly unsuccessful as a people
just not advanced in relation to a period of time in Europe (middle ages) mentioned by another poster on this
thread.

Could not agree more.

The idea that invasion is the only, or even fastest way for a civilisation to 'advance' is complete poppycock.
Any suggestion otherwise smells a little like invaders trying to justify the actions of their ancestors and in doing so, absolve themselves.

I'm not suggesting anyone need suffer for the actions of their ancestors, but I am suggesting you wear it, admit it and not spin it into something it's not.

My ancestors did terrible things to the coasts of europe for centuries, but I'm not about to suggest those communities somehow owe modern vikings any level of gratitude, despite any advances they may or may not have made as a result.

Yes, i certainly think "invasion" was the fastest way Australia could advance, no doubt about it - :)
Australian aboriginals had a successful enough run to occupy the entire country, but if they weren't
"invaded".. we wouldn't be the "advanced" nation we are today would we.... so whats poppycock
about that exactly?

Your ancestors might of done terrible things, but so has everyone else's.. as well as having terrible
things done to them as well by others... thats life... more terrible things will happen as well.

As a side point, Hitler wasnt just persecuting Jews, he also wanted to exterminate Jehovah's Witnesses, Slavs, Soviets, Bolshevicks, Roma (gypsy), any dark skinned person , homosexuals, mentally handicapped people and anyone who was a political or religious opponent ie Communists and Trade Unionists

What chance would a spear have had agaist a Japanese tank or bomber? It completely unrealistic to think that Australia wouldnt have been colonised by another power if the Poms didnt come here.

Perhaps we should travel back in time and let them know about our current ethics(which are no doubt perfect in everyway) and then they would have been happy sitting at home with a cup of tea instead of having a massive empire.

As a side point, Hitler wasnt just persecuting Jews, he also wanted to exterminate Jehovah's Witnesses, Slavs, Soviets, Bolshevicks, Roma (gypsy), any dark skinned person , homosexuals, mentally handicapped people and anyone who was a political or religious opponent ie Communists and Trade Unionists

Atleast he had one good idea. :lol:

Atleast he had one good idea. :lol:
I am sorry you feel that way. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and i dont think that any person reguardless of religion, race or political views deserved what many were subjected to in the concentration camps.

I am sorry you feel that way. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and i dont think that any person reguardless of religion, race or political views deserved what many were subjected to in the concentration camps.

I don't feel that i deserve what i am subjected to either when you come knocking on my door with your crap and don't take no for an answer. ;)

Had to be done!
:lol:
hammer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back