Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lies,Defamation,and Bawling

I bet there's more than that off the books,but on the books and available to us ther hasn't been for about 10 years plus.It's much like you wanting baritji on licence...some would like oenpelis and Aussie greens and much more which is happening with many other species,what makes the greens or oenpelis sacred to anyone but the aboriginals.Are they actually sacred to them or would they be bush tucker?

I'm winning...you just don't know it.

oenpellis are scared i believe...

My Baritji are on licence :p and were collected because there is no doubt they will be affected by toads

how many have u got wrong :p

As long as you're not playing hide the snake.....;-):D

Are they actually sacred to them or would they be bush tucker?
Bush tucker Browns, they love to eat reptiles.....;-)

Oenpellis sacred?....to who???, you? the zoo industry?, what a load of crap!!!... the aborignal inhabitants of the local region maybe.....As far as who should be allowed to work with them?, someone who has the ability to breed them,....preferabily a good start would be the guy who's bred them, i'd say.....

I think a few reputable breeders should be allowed to breed them IMO. Not just one.

If it happened i reckon it would only be viable if a studbook program was established to ensure genetic diversity was maintained.

Brodie it's good to see your passion for these snakies showing through

One would be a start just like the rsp's which just became available to a few not long ago but others exported which p's me right off.Not that i want one,i reckon they look quite ordinary but they should be more readily available in the future and the same should be for oenpelis and Aussie greens...

How big is their area of distribution and is there any info on numbers in the wild"oenpeli"?I'm sure a few pairs isn't going to adversly affect their numbers in the wild.Preferably young specimens should be taken as wild adult animals can take many years to breed.Some species however may breed easily but the chances are better if growing them from juveniles to adults in captivity would make breeding easier from what i hear....

I agree, Hugsta....not just zoo's; those with the experience, time and passion to devote their efforts in regards to breeding them.....someone who's not limited by the constraints of a 9-5 job :wink:

A couple of gravid females would get things going, and the adults could be returned to their habitat after laying.

Agreed,shouldn't be hard to find with a bit of help from the locals either.

Taking gravid females from the wild. Tsk tsk tsk. No matter the conservational value or whatever, it would be opposed by a great deal of people who know very little but who have loud voices

LOL Womas.;-):D

What happens when gravid womas and bhps get splattered warming up on roads at night,what difference does a couple of gravid animals make in the name of conservation,scientific value and an added species for reptile enthusiasts...the people that have loud voices about this topic i think are aiming more at collecting gravid animals and selling them for profit,the others know little of what they talk about!

To true Womas....how sad; a species can remain a mystery, due to the politics and red tape involved,.....all for the sake of a few viable eggs.

I think it is the best way for collecting of a species that is rare in captivity, is what I meant.

Agree, if managed well it could only be a win win for all parties involved.

A round of applause to everyone that has contributed to this conversation without resorting to name calling or personal attacks.
When I saw there was 8 pages of posts, I thought here we go again. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found instead.

Keep up the good work.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lies,Defamation,and Bawling

womas4me said:
Taking gravid females from the wild. Tsk tsk tsk. No matter the conservational value or whatever, it would be opposed by a great deal of people who know very little but who have loud voices
Have these people ever considered how may of these hatchlings will actually make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back