Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so either way it goes i would go to the petshop and talk to them if your going to get a refund i would take a rather buff guy with you so that if they try to rip you off the person with you can help you get what you want and deserve

If i was you i'd be getting a refund whether the snake recovers or not. Cause it might be recovering now but there's no telling what damage whatever they used might have done internally that wont show untill later on when it's too late and they can say it was nothing to do with them.

But if she gets a refund doesn't that mean she has to give the snake back to the pet store?

from memory, not 100% certian on it as i did read up on the chemicals very early last year when my bluey's had a mite problem and to also to find out what the effects pyrethrins had to herps when it was on sprayed or dipped mice/rats... hence forth why you dont feed sprayed or dipped food to reptiles...
well like said not to sure as memories a lil cloudy on details but isn't permoxin a synthetic and less potent form of pyrethrins, being that pyrethrins are extracted from some flower? or am i thinkinng of a diferent chemical,??
anyway on the reptiGuard and mite spray bottles for herps it does state in the directions to not spray the head but to wipe it with a cloth avoiding the eye's mouth, nose and ears!!! and to only spray the body of the animal...

did the guy spray the girls head at all jess?

personally i don't use any of the sprays from pet shops, been a few mite controll methods mentioned in this thread... but the only time i used it was when my bluey's had mites and weekly for around a month and a half i sprayed the pythons as well as a preventative...
only thing i do use is TOD, once in a blue moon and my herps don't go back into the enclosure for about 3hrs after an air out...

good luck with her and hope the signs are good, but caution the long term side-effects you may, or may not experience....

not too sure whether he sprayed her head but she was trying to bite him alot while he was spraying her, so it is a possibility that he could have, Also what could be the long term side effects she could experience?

honestly i can't answer that, i''m not sure on what could happen...
but i agree with khagan, you don't know what damage has happened wich may show l8r or cause the same problems

Permoxin is for dogs and horses, however it can be used on reptiles. But it's very important that you get the dilution ratio correct.

I have only used Permoxin once, and only sprayed inside the enclosure with the snake removed. I wouldn't spray on, or directly at an animal.

Permoxin is only really needed to spray large aviaries etc. Otherwise use TOD.

personally i don't use any of the sprays from pet shops, been a few mite controll methods mentioned in this thread... but the only time i used it was when my bluey's had mites and weekly for around a month and a half i sprayed the pythons as well as a preventative...
only thing i do use is TOD, once in a blue moon and my herps don't go back into the enclosure for about 3hrs after an air out...

good luck with her and hope the signs are good, but caution the long term side-effects you may, or may not experience....

Just as an observation, you shouldnt use any chemical as a preventitive application as it leads to mite resistance and you wont have a hope in hell of controlling outbreaks in the future!

ok, just got off the phone to the vet, she said the snake is really slowly improving its heart rate is up again and starting to show more use of its muscles, they are going to keep her over night to monitor her and let me know how she goes tomorrow! yay, so far so good!!

that's good, we're keeping our finger crossed for you and the Darwin ;)

great news my little fighter is on the mend, just got off the fone to the vet, she said she is starting to move around now, and i also asked if she thinks there will be any long term effects and she doesn't seem to think there will be as it has made such an improvement in a short period of time! wow, im so happy now, she said she will call me back again later tonight wen she goes back in to check on her! she is a really great vet! i really apprieciate everything she is doing for my girl!!

after everything shes gone throu i haven't got the heart to give her back, and plus she would probably be better off with me to be frank!!

now you just have to work out what the issue was - has the vet given a solid answer?

thats great news jessica so glad she is improving more for you. I hope you get to bring her home soon. I would also clean out the enclosure again just to make sure.

yea, she believes it was the spray the ppl in the shop had sprayed on her, thus being the reason she gave her a warm bath to remove any chemicals that were still on her!

thats great news!! hope all goes well for the rest of the healing process. And those shop owners a good yelling at for me!

How horrible, i bet you are relieved to hear ur snake is doing so well though. Sounds like a tough lil snake... id definately keep her.

Oh, and send the vet bill to the petshop!

lol, yea i will be, im glad she is as tough as she otherwise i dont think she would have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back