Mac Herps Show - 30 March - Bigger & Better

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

yay only 1 more sleep what time does it open. (i wanna get all the bargins) Will anyonehave bulk woodies there or painted dragons?

as far as i know u can but i you'd probably have to ask peterjohnson or someone else in the mac herps

I just asked Gills, he said so long as you have your license, if you sign to Mac Herps on Sunday you will be able to buy animals.

I am at PJ's house now Matt, so will cya tomorrow :D

4th ANNUAL REPTILE SHOW

Sunday 30th March 2008
Exhibit set up Saturday 29th - doors open 10am to 4pm
GENERAL ENTRY FEE
Adults $10
Kids $5 under 12
Familes $25 (2 Adults & 3 Kids)

With prizes in excess $1,000 for the best exhibits and the lucky door prize for this year will be a Nintendo Wii.

During the day Hot Food and beverages will be available for purchase.

Reptiles for sale will be available at the show, providing you have the appropriate licenses you will be able to purchase or sell reptiles on the day. We have put in place our hygiene protocol, this is to be observed to protect entrants and sellers but that's a small inconvenience to contend with.

EXHIBITS
Entries will be open to all type of reptiles including elapids this year we will ask for one entry per species; for example if you have 3 bluetongues, this will be classified as a single entry and house in one enclosure, the judges will judge the best one of the 3.
A junior section has been created. The winner of the junior division will be the person with the animal that receives the highest score from the judges. The same method as choosing the winner of each of the categories.
To be eligible you must be 17 years old or under on March 30th. You must be the licence holder of the animals being displayed and you must bring your licence books to prove it. You will also need to prove your age.
URS is offering a limited number of their enclosures at show discounts. This offer is only available to people exhibiting animals at the expo and only available for animals that they are displaying!
So go to www.ultimatereptiles.com.au and check out their glass terrariums and budget vivarium ranges. Tell us what you are displaying and what enclosure you want to display it in. We will then tell you what price we can arrange the enclosure for.
Please note that you will have to collect the enclosure at the expo. If you don't display the animal you don't get the enclosure.
SHOW DISPLAY FEES
$20 per display, a free Show Polo shirt will be give to every entrant.

GUIDED TOURS OF EXHIBITS
We will be conducting guided tours of the Exhibits on and 1/2 hour basis from 10.30am onwards.

LIVE SHOWS
12.00pm - Live Show on main Exhibit Area to be carried out by Anthony Stimson Australian Wildlife Displays

GUEST SPEAKERS
11.00am - Dr. David Phalen,
DVM, PhD, Dipl. American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
Dr. Phalen is a member Faculty of Veterinary Science for The University of Sydney and currently the Avian, Reptile & Exotic Pet Camden Hospital in-house vet.

David will present on best practices for keeping reptiles, a very high level overview for beginners and the successful upbringing of your new pet.
His talk will involve adequate heating, keeping space, feeding and what to do to keep your pet of hospital.
It’s recommended to beginners and people wanting to buy a reptile for a pet to attend David’s talk.

13.00pm - Shannon Plummer(Image courtesy Qld Newspapers. © Nathan Richter.)
Shannon will present photos and stories from my recent trip to Grand Cayman Island where she volunteered at the Blue Iguana Recovery Program for two weeks. An important conservation program successfully bringing the endemic and critically-endangered Grand Cayman Blue Iguana (Cyclura lewisi) back from the brink of extinction.

Shannon will also discuss her forthcoming book - Captive Care of the Central Netted Dragon and be taking retail and wholesale orders on the day. A stall have been setup to showcase her recent photographic series 'ORDER:SQUAMATA. Purchase information will be available as well as samples of Framed Prints, Poster & Calendars.

1 more sleep to go,..

Just wondering is it too late if I want to sell tomorrow?
If its not too late , what is involved , and do you have to hang around all day if selling?

Sorry if this has already been covered ;)

wooooooot its tomor!!! yeyy sorry spellying cant be helped lol

Nat ;)

yeh can't wait either hope to get chance to say G'day to some fellow APS members don't know who any look like though:shock:

Cheers,
Matt

I have been out at Minto to set up for my animals in the show tomorrow. All the trade and breeder stalls have been set up this afternoon.

I must say it is going to be huge!!!!

Everyone who can get there MUST go.

I was out there helping set-up this afternoon and all I can say is it will be big. It is a must attend event for any herper withing a 4 hour drive of Sydney.

Only 11 hours and 57 minutes till the show opens!

Kane

im so excited haha
cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys - Today is the BIG day...

I finished setting up my couple of enclosures out there about 11.00pm...and the place is looking great - should be some great animals on display and some of the commercial stalls look absolutely brilliant...It will definately be a day not to miss...

Have fun guys - would be great to meet a few new APS people today too...

(I will be in one of the show shirts and wearing black/white chequered shoes - come up and say Hi)

Seeya there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back