Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigguy and Coderead had some good suggestions,it would be good if Mac Herps had multiple shows per year,but it would make most sense for the various societys to share the responsibility.Dont know what the attitude is now with the Hawksbury committee but when some members would put the idea of a show to them a few years ago,it was a cold reception,thats why i dont go there much these days,like why bother when there is this negative approach to the pet element of herpetology,the bulk of people have them as pets.

Yeah I agree, I don't think HHS would be interested, even today. :cry: :oops: I wish all clubs were as proactive as Mac Herps & South Coast Herps. :lol:

An sydney combined societies herp expo held at Rosehill Race Course would be the Ultimate. Man that could H U G E :lol: :shock: :lol:

Thanks for yoru support everyone. We have a full twelve months to organise this show and we now have lots of fresh ideas to work with. We really only started organising this show in mid January and even then NPWS still hadn't given us permission (which we emailed and asked for on 1 November 2006)

We would also love to get some volunteers.

A big thanks goes out to Gillsy who gave up two full days to give us assistance and he isn't a member of mac herps (hope thats changed now Dave)

And for info. The numbers of voting forms came from:

Mac Herps 52 (14%)
South Coast 16 (4%)
Hawkesbury 17 (5%)
SOFAR 7 (2%)
AHS 6 (2%)
General Public 261 (73%)

so, as promised a minimum of 4% of the profit goes to SCHS, 5% to HHS, 2% to SOFAR and 2% to AHS.

I understand about shops with overpricing on a couple of items, but in general there seemed to be quite a few bargains had. I saw heaps of people walking out with products from both of the shops that were there.

Are you sure the price given for the heat cord was correct, as in, they gave you the price for a 6m rather than a 4.3m you may have had.

Please keep in mind that lots of shops were conatcted to go to the show but many couldn't or just weren't interested. So we should be extremely greatful that Extreme Pets and Berkshire Park Bird Farm came along to support the herp community on the day. Could you imagine how empty the hall would have been if they hadn't of been there. How many people buying hatchies on the day couldn't of purchased starter kits. Shows like this can't run without major support from shops and sponsors............actually who were the sponsors?? I don't think I have heard or seen mention of them.:?

These two shops put in a massive effort on the day, both of them having the added costs of employing extra people for the day. Let alone the added costs of paying them on a Sunday. If people continue to bicker and whinge about the price of a couple of items and those shops decide not to go in the future herp shows due to the thoughtlessness of a few others, than this will be a very sad thing to see.

They (the shops) played a massive part on the day and they are needed to help secure these sort of shows in the future. If you have something bad to say, then let the shop owners know, if you have something positive to say then let us all know. We need this for the future of our hobby IMO.

Right, I'll just get of the soap box and kick it over to the next person waiting in line.:D

I understand about shops with overpricing on a couple of items, but in general there seemed to be quite a few bargains had. I saw heaps of people walking out with products from both of the shops that were there.

Are you sure the price given for the heat cord was correct, as in, they gave you the price for a 6m rather than a 4.3m you may have had.

Please keep in mind that lots of shops were conatcted to go to the show but many couldn't or just weren't interested. So we should be extremely greatful that Extreme Pets and Berkshire Park Bird Farm came along to support the herp community on the day. Could you imagine how empty the hall would have been if they hadn't of been there. How many people buying hatchies on the day couldn't of purchased starter kits. Shows like this can't run without major support from shops and sponsors............actually who were the sponsors?? I don't think I have heard or seen mention of them.:?

These two shops put in a massive effort on the day, both of them having the added costs of employing extra people for the day. Let alone the added costs of paying them on a Sunday. If people continue to bicker and whinge about the price of a couple of items and those shops decide not to go in the future herp shows due to the thoughtlessness of a few others, than this will be a very sad thing to see.

They (the shops) played a massive part on the day and they are needed to help secure these sort of shows in the future. If you have something bad to say, then let the shop owners know, if you have something positive to say then let us all know. We need this for the future of our hobby IMO.

Right, I'll just get of the soap box and kick it over to the next person waiting in line.:D

If you know the price of a product at other shops and feel that you are not getting it any cheaper.....DON'T PURCHASE IT ! Simple!

it wasn't so much the pricing or actual product i was interested in, but to have so many knowledgeable people in one place where we could 'pick their brains' with questions... it would be great to have as many shops/sponsors as possible as their opinions, experiences and suggestions were all very helpful.

:)

A big thanks goes out to Gillsy who gave up two full days to give us assistance and he isn't a member of mac herps (hope thats changed now Dave)

And for info. The numbers of voting forms came from:

Mac Herps 52 (14%)
South Coast 16 (4%)
Hawkesbury 17 (5%)
SOFAR 7 (2%)
AHS 6 (2%)
General Public 261 (73%)
Only 2% for AHS? :O I'm shocked..... but Gillsy made up for the non attendees...thanks David!!

Well said Daz.

Both of those shops had tremendous displays and both noted it was worth while coming, so next year the more the better!

I didnt find that the prices were expensive though, I picked up a turtle dock for $20!

congrats

it was i think a great day a little hot but we all managed to beat it. Congrats to the mac herps I think it was a great success. Thankyou to all our regular customers how showed there suport by coming along. Thank you to our friends whom gave up there sunday to help My staff whom worked until 3am everyday for the last 2 weeks to have some great looking enclosures there. Thankyou to the macherps club for allowing us to be there. For us it was all about helping people like us who love reptiles. Hopefully the next one will be bigger and better.
well done to all involved. Even the families of all invloved whom put up with tried and grumpy family members.
Great success all round.

Doesn't have to be animals. Some face painting, a few free balloons and maybe an area with some toys or colouring... why not have a reptile colouring comp for the kiddies and supply some coloured pencils?

Good idea, i'd be happy to have a kiddie stand where they can get their face painted, see some snake skins and photo's, do some colouring in / plaster painting etc and i'm sure it cant be too hard to make some balloon snakes hehe
Though, I wouldn't be too keen on bringing any of my own animals in for them to handle.

How about a Tazer Gun for the 160 kilo hypocrites that said my King Skink and Land Mullet were ugly?????????? ;) I'm still spewing about that, Marcia was so upset about her day in a cage and not a pit that she hissed at me all afternoon once she got home. She wouldn't hurt a fly.

Simone.

How about a Tazer Gun for the 160 kilo hypocrites that said my King Skink and Land Mullet were ugly?????????? ;) I'm still spewing about that, Marcia was so upset about her day in a cage and not a pit that she hissed at me all afternoon once she got home. She wouldn't hurt a fly.

Simone.

Ugly? They were fantastic! I'm not a huge skink fan in general but that King Skink was an absolute monster....stunning animal....

It looked like a brown Croc! It was HUGE...

Okay maybe not quite a Croc but was definately an awesome looking skink and was much bigger than I have ever seen a skink before (haven't seen too many King Skinks before though)...

It was down near the Frilly and GTP end but on the other side of the walkway...

We had no idea we were supposed to vote, lol we thought the voting was done by certain people only.

Oh shucks thanks Aslan.

The King Skink was happy walking around , Marcia the Land Mullet didn't move from her spot. I keep telling everyone she is the friendliest Land Mullet in town. The King Skink is ok to handle once he's out of his cage, but try catching him when he's in the pit he is feral. Last time he got me he death rolled the flesh under my pinky and i screamed. He was only small when he did that so thank god he hasn't gotten me at the size he is now.
They both have pretty ferocious appetities. Unfortunately he lost the tip of his tail last week in a blue with another animal. All i want now is a Yakka Skink. LOL

Simone.

I reckon he could take your hand off these days...I've seen land mullets and stuff before, and even a pictures of King Skinks, but seeing him, they must have all been youngsters I've seen...

...I had no idea skinks could get to that sort of size, any idea what he weighs?

it was i think a great day a little hot but we all managed to beat it. Congrats to the mac herps I think it was a great success. Thankyou to all our regular customers how showed there suport by coming along. Thank you to our friends whom gave up there sunday to help My staff whom worked until 3am everyday for the last 2 weeks to have some great looking enclosures there. Thankyou to the macherps club for allowing us to be there. For us it was all about helping people like us who love reptiles. Hopefully the next one will be bigger and better.
well done to all involved. Even the families of all invloved whom put up with tried and grumpy family members.
Great success all round.

Well said. I could not say this any better with my Slateman's Inglisch.

Hey Aslan, i have no idea what either of the skinks weigh, might be time to get him on the scales. The Land Mullet had the most beautiful tail before she had her accident, she lost half her tail when the she escaped her cage one day and the staffy nipped her. it was only enough to scratch her scales but enough damage was done that she got staph. Lucky we didn't lose her.
The King Skink has beefed up alot in the last 12 months. I really would like to get a female for him...he is such an awesome animal. I like the skinks, I could say he is one of my favourites but then again they all are.

No Gregory, it wasnt you or Daz even, Daz is cuddly........This was a woman about 5ft high, a real bertha. One of Campbelttown's finest. I just thought it was wrong of her to say that about my gorgeous skinks when she was no oil paining herself. As i said to her, beauty is in the ye of the beholder. She had her son with her so obviously she had a partner that would've thought the same thing.

Was a fun show though, are we still doing a road trip down to the Riverina one Pete?????????

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back