Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dobermanmick said:
I agree with Brodie here as well .

Something is wrong with someone who would want to kill perfectly normal reptiles for purity sake when some kids would love to have a pet snake.
Fair dinkum - Purity Morals gone way overboard imo.

accidents happen

BROWNS said:
Just thought i'd rekindle this thread.

I have a jungle diamond hybrid which i'm sure is gravid already but time will tell.The funny thing is i posted a pic a while back of her mating and said she was pure Palmerston and nobody could tell the difference or it wasn't pointed out as usual if anyone thought it to be slighltly suspect of purity.

accidents happen but i think it is irresponsible to be creating mongrels Browns mate IMHO

Whatever mate at least i'll be advertising them as such otherwise noobody would have a clue it has diamond in it.What about all these new morph breeding projects,it's a hobby mate i also have pure animals that will stay that way.You can like it or not as you say it's your opinion but has been happening for years before now at least i'm being honest about it huh????

Also just wondering if you could get a few pairs of greens and liked them would you buy them?

accidents happen but i think it is irresponsible to be creating mongrels Browns mate IMHO
Why do you see it as irresponsible?

Because i think that species should be kept as pure as they can be. I don't like hybrids. I think they are unfortunate creatures.
Your honesty is not in question Browns mate. I just favour your other breeding programmes besides the breeding from a cross.
Greens? you mean pure ones? The budget doesn't allow it atm but i would absolutely love them thanks

Well even if you had the budget good luck finding pure Aussie Greens mate as there's none out there available and haven't been for a very long time.

Like oldude said if you have a diamond or childrens you may as well cull them as well as most are hybrids.Without being cynical what species do you keep junglemad?

I have a few snakes...coastals, diamonds, jungles, childreni and bredl

Are they all guaranteed pure animals?

Do you like Cpe York carpets?

They are all bought from reputable breeders but i only have their word for a guarantee...They look like pure animals, there is no hint of added markings like a jungle/diamond cross (which is most unlikely to happen in the wild)...you allude to intergrades when u mention Cape Yorks?

Do you have any pics of the diamond?

I mean Cape Yorks which are advertised and sold in the hobby you may have seen advertised and pics of before,they aren't intergrades??

pure enough diamond?

Here is a picture of Jewell and one of Terminator

dobermanmick said:
Its not hard to get a pure so why bother with a x-breed ?
I cannot see any advantage in having the mac cross with a childreni as the macs colour is so much better .

Mick, when you wake up this morning you had better go grab your cape yorks and put em in the freezer. :D :D :D :oops:

Has any1 got a pic of the cape yorks? And how are they intergrades? - Not trying to be a smart**s, - I really don't know :? and info would be good!

keep it pure

The diamonds weren't good enough for you? have a look at this one that was being sold as a pure coastal. "Another Hybrid Sir?" "No thanks!"

Keep it pure i say

Has no one heard of hybrid vigour? Often crosses have a more robust constitution for having had a more varied gene pool. Cattle are crossed and stronger for it and mongrel dogs are often healthier than pure breeds (no inherent problems due to inbreeding). Not many breeders would want these babies but they will be as good a pet as any mac or childreni and potentially a healthier animal for somone who just wants a pet. I honestly think most people wouldn't mind.
Also in the wild the sub-species of antaresia live within a few kilometres of each others distribution there would be some interbreeding in the wild. Keep the animals enjoy seeing them hatch and grow, this is why we all keep pets isn't it? :wink:

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the helpfull replies. And yes i do no what species they are thanks.

Stevo said:
dobermanmick said:
Its not hard to get a pure so why bother with a x-breed ?
I cannot see any advantage in having the mac cross with a childreni as the macs colour is so much better .

Mick, when you wake up this morning you had better go grab your cape yorks and put em in the freezer. :D :D :D :oops:

:shock: :shock: :oops:
Until this thread i had never heard of cape yorks being crosses
before this thread .
:? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back