New Bite Pics (Mildly Graphic)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is a few days old so it isn't looking too bad. The bite isn't very big but it was extremely deep. I actually saw my knuckle from the inside...gross. It bled really badly so we didn't take any pics of it right away, we were more concerned with getting to the hospital. 6 stitches in all, one stitch came out today, no tendon damage, and no apparent nerve damage. Hurt like hell though. Worste bite I've taken bar none. I was lucky it was a small Retic.

100_2563_edited.sized.jpg

100_2557_edited_002.sized.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics, it's kind of hard to photograph my own hand.

arg wheres the cringing smiley! i think i would go weak at the knees if i saw my knuckle from the inside lol. now theres a reason to be scared of my first tag eh? lol kevyn i'm still a virgin tagee (no rude jokes please dirt bags :wink: )

i wouldnt like to get bittn by a large retic then ouch
and zoe if u think thats bad i one had an axe fall on my fingers and when the doctor examend it she moved the finger and the the whole knuckle popped out it was reallyl

The lighting on the top pic was bad. Don't worry though, my liver is doing quite well. Like I said it was the worste bite I've taken. Retics have huge teeth, and I'm really lucky the only thing I walked away with were a few stitches. I'll try to get some pics of the guilty party. It was my Javanese Retic that got me. He just shed so he's looking really good.

was it the same one that bite your head?

OUCH !!! :shock: how did it do so deep? did you flinch away? or did it chew?

No, the one that bite me on the head is a silver head, and turning into a really sweet snake. This ones a Javanese and he's alright once he's out of his enclosure, but evil while he's in it.

OUCH !!! how did it do so deep? did you flinch away? or did it chew?

All the way down to all the fun stuff under the skin. That grey-pink tissue that sits just above the bone. Like I said I saw the white cap ontop of my knuckle. The wound was gapeing. He caught me in an attempt to get my hand out of the way. The bite itself didn't really hurt, it was like a hot knife through butter.

The doctor stitching me turned out to be a good friend of my supervisor. The nurses and the doctor kept calling people over to see my hand. "Hey come here, you ever seen a python bite before?" My contribution to medical science here in Canada.

Jesus Christ... I was bitten pretty bad by a 12ft Olive python...still have the scar... I needed sticthes but didnt get them!!!!! I thought that was bad...... it is NOTHING compared to yours....must have hurt like F*CK..did you cry :p

Well done Kevyn.
lol, i saw the first pic and thought "Jeez i hope that's not the real colour!"

No I didn't cry, but it really hurt especially after it got stitched up and the freezing wore off. It felt great when it was frozen. My ring and pinkie fingers are still abit sore. I was lucky it was only a small Retic at 7ft. . That is the biggest snake I've ever been hit by and the biggest I care to get hit by. A 12ft. snake would hurt like hell.

And that was the real colour of the bite on my head. Got to love digital cameras. I kind of wish we got a pic of this bite, but it was bleeding way too bad. I rinsed it out and wrapped it in a towel and off to the hospital. Nice way to start a day.

Who needs to keep hots when you get bites like that!? Awesome Kevyn! That would have really hurt! :shock:

By the look of the bite did you drag your hand away from your retic, or did he try and pull you in towards him? Bet you had that vineager nice and handy! :lol: I'm just wondering because it looks like your hand has been pulled one way or another to enlongate the wound. Is that sort of injury from a retic normally look like that:?:

Wah, wah, wah. Listen to the baby whine. No really, isn't it amazing what photoshop will do. Honey, quit messing with people. It was only a little scratch. And I was late for work for that!!!! :wink: :wink:
(I love you Kevyn :lol: )

Just so everyone knows, Lady Stardust (the term "Lady" is applied very loosely) is actually my wife Meaghan. The quality of this forum has just diminished drastically. Really, do you all realise you've allowed a Kiwi to join? I thought the moderators were more selective. :D :wink: :D :wink: :D

:shock: Kevyn are you the site daredev now? Stop pokin' the nice little snakes! :lol:

Do you find it impresses people that the scar (or in your case Kevyn darl, scars) is from a snake? I know that impressed me when I was a young whip. Does meaghan like the scars???

It's a good straight bite not too jagged . A medal kevyn that's what it is. I thought the top pic was iodined or some medication. - - so I wasn't worried.

Hello Meaghan! Nice to meet you. We need a Kiwi for balance. See....very selective. :lol:
lol, you poor girl - - he'll be unrecognisable in a few years if he doesnt swap for beaney toys.
Em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back