Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One that hasn't been mentioned is a Darwin. Probably cos they have a reputation for being snappy little juvis. But calm down with age and handling. However I have a Darwin and she is the exception. She has never biten even when I've accidentally frightened or upset her. She gets into the striking position but has never biten. Only twice has she just bopped me with her nose, she doesn't even open her mouth. So I think that just goes to prove that you may need to do some research on the size, type etc you are interested in and then just look for that snake with the personality that you can handle. Which means handling and discussing it's temperment with the breeder who should be able to tell you how the parents handle and what the hatchies are like.

Good Luck getting a snake! Just be careful as soon as you have one, they become addictive and you'll want to start your own collection :)

Rubber snakes are easy to handle, they dont bite and you dont need to feed them and they can't escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back