Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday all

Went to a friend's place today and he has scored him self a pair of night tigers:shock:

They are absolutely beautiful we are very jealous

Lewy

Attachments

• snakes 283.jpg
    snakes 283.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 320
  • snakes 286.jpg
    snakes 286.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 250
  • snakes 312.jpg
    snakes 312.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 281
  • snakes 314.jpg
    snakes 314.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 276
Great looking animals! wouldn`t mind a pair for myself!:D

They are awesome snakes,i no a bloke that has a pair and he has 3 eggs in the incubator atm.

watch you dont cop a bite.. can be quite nasty... just keep in mind yes they are venomous.. you never know how your body will react to the venom.. could be tingling and a headache... then again you could go in to anafalactic shock and well i hope your close to a hospital. but beautiful animals.. i wouldnt mind getting one.. i think they are gorgeous..

Ok... Now this is something I REALLY want to know about... WHAT is the difference between 'Night Tigers' and 'Brown Tree Snakes'?? Yep, I AM ignoranr, but they look exactly as the brown tree snakes I used to rescue as a kid... :)

locality from what i believe.. they are a brown tree snake.. but the night tiger and correct me if i am wrong are from the NT and are slightly different in looks but effectively they are a brown tree snake..

I am not sure about that JoeBlakes... Apparently they are wild in the Tully Banana Paddocks... And I have heard of them down around Rocky, Hughenden... That is why I asked... Lol... I am TOTALLY confused!!

watch you dont cop a bite.. can be quite nasty... just keep in mind yes they are venomous.. you never know how your body will react to the venom.. could be tingling and a headache... then again you could go in to anafalactic shock and well i hope your close to a hospital. but beautiful animals.. i wouldnt mind getting one.. i think they are gorgeous..

I was wondering why they used the stick! I didn't know they were venomous :oops:. I learnt something else tonight! Cheers.;) Great pics btw!

they are native to the NT, KATHERINE, KIMBERLY and ALICESPRINGS region and they are venomous but only to animals and very rarely affect humans can kill babies and old people. they are a reer fanged animal and is very hard to inject the venom onto a human. the most you will exspect is a little bit of a tingle and maybe a headache. the only way these animals would roam anywhere else ba NT is if someone took it from the wild and releast it somewhere else. or some one bought it and it escaped.

a Night tiger looks slightly different to a brown tree snake with it's red stripes and the Night tiger gets its name by its striped.

I got 3 pairs on the list that I'm down for in the next few years.

abolutely stunning and well looked after animals your friend has there.

Ok... Now this is something I REALLY want to know about... WHAT is the difference between 'Night Tigers' and 'Brown Tree Snakes'?? Yep, I AM ignoranr, but they look exactly as the brown tree snakes I used to rescue as a kid... :)

AKA
Brown tree snake
Night tiger
Swamp tiger
Banded tree snake
Dolls eye snake

They are all the same - just different colour / patterns for different regions.
Brown Tree snake - Boiga irregularis

The same thing goes for the green tree snaks

AKA
Green tree snaks
Yellow belly black snake
etc.

It seems that these 2 snakes have more common names then any other snake that I know of (in Aus) and it all depends on where you are to what the locals call them.

Cheers

[AKA
Green tree snaks
Yellow belly black snake
etc.

This is not correct as the common tree snake or green tree snake is not known as a yellow belly black snake this is just the name people who have no idea about snakes call them

So there is no such thing as a yellow belly black snake

Lewy

No such thing as a night tiger then either.

UMMMMM yer there is because that is what they are called just like a CTS to a GTS where a yellow belly black snake is not a name, It's just a name to described a snake that people think are poison's (witch it wrong as they end up loosing there head)

Night Tigers are sold and recorded as a Night Tiger so yes there is such thing as one

Lewy

I have seen people bitten by these snakes and yes they only suffered tingling at the bite site and a splitting headache.. how ever never underestimate a venomous snake regardless how "harmless" they are percieved.. I would say that a bee is "harmless" yet people still die from a sting. All i am saying is every ones body and metabolism is different and will all have different effects from a bite hell some people get blisters and infection from a python bite as they are allergic to the saliva..so just dont take them as oh they are venomous but not to humans as this isnt exactly true.. if there is tingling then your effected.. it might not kill you but it is doing something. I dont know about the other states but here in SA you can get one on your basic permit which again gives the impression they are totally harmless but then i heard of some one who died after a little whip snake bite, mind you he had been bitten by these a few times in the past.. but that one got him and he thought oh well lucky they are harmless then he was dead.. maybe not so harmless....

they are native to the NT, KATHERINE, KIMBERLY and ALICESPRINGS region and they are venomous but only to animals and very rarely affect humans can kill babies and old people. they are a reer fanged animal and is very hard to inject the venom onto a human. the most you will exspect is a little bit of a tingle and maybe a headache. the only way these animals would roam anywhere else ba NT is if someone took it from the wild and releast it somewhere else. or some one bought it and it escaped.

a Night tiger looks slightly different to a brown tree snake with it's red stripes and the Night tiger gets its name by its striped.

I got 3 pairs on the list that I'm down for in the next few years.

abolutely stunning and well looked after animals your friend has there.

I got bitten by one that i was removing from a high school (infront of a whole class of kids, but that's another story). To get envenomated they really need to have a good old chew of you, the only effects i had was a slight head ache (which could probably be attributed to something other than the bite) it stung alot more than a non-venomous bite and i had severe bruising around the sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back