Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for gods sake, just kill me now. Can someone please remove my posts from this insipid thread please.

Garth and myself have personally known Kel for a few years now.Our first lot of pythons came from him. He is indeed a fantastic breeder and knows his stuff.Oh and a great guy as well.

Anyone else checked out the Northern Rainforest diamonds advertised on herp trader?Not wanting to be monotonous but it's hard not to be when you look at the animals in the photos and have to pose the question of being pure diamonds but striped ones lol or are they intergrades.All these new terms popping up for animals like Honey Jungles is a bit of a laugh really,well it is to me anywaylol

The chap that runs the Canberra Reptile Centre, Ross (sorry forgot his last name) refuses to call Jungle Pythons that...he refers to them as 'Rainforest Pythons'.
Each to his own I say..

just a short note.INTERGRADES ARE A NATURALLY OCCURRING ANIMAL ALL OF ITS OWN,NOT A CROSS.!!!!!VERY FRUSTRATING THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL REFFERRING TO THEM AS SOME CROSS.

marketing ploy

the use of "names" is just a selling ploy ! honey jungles, northern rain forest Diamonds, 80/20, ocre bhp's, super stripe OH PLEASE give us a break ! when i first started out in this industry well over a decade ago, if you perchased a jungle carpet for instance, it was either a black & gold or a black & white not some ****y named thing, a BHP was either QLD or NT form, not some ****y named U- Beaut what ever, anyone who has been around know's that you get BHP's in QLD for instance ranging from cream with brown bands, pale yellow with reddish bands and so on and so on. As I stated, this is just a way for people to market their animals by giving them some ****y name :evil: and as for all the the ball greasing :evil: spare us for christ sake !

hahaha, i agree with you 100% herpkeeper, just a marketing ploy and nothing more.
But imo using the term morelia spilota mcdowelli / morelia spilota spilota leads one to belive they are hybrids bettween carpets and diamonds rather than natural intergrades. So if they are natural intergrades imo that is a very silly way to describe them.
Gee we seem to be getting more and more americanised every year with all these silly misleading names.

Maybe i should call my hypo coastals "caramel chocalate chip" or "bannana chocalate chip" carpets depending on colour. hahaha. NOT.!!!!!!

just a short note.INTERGRADES ARE A NATURALLY OCCURRING ANIMAL ALL OF ITS OWN,NOT A CROSS.!!!!!VERY FRUSTRATING THAT PEOPLE ARE STILL REFFERRING TO THEM AS SOME CROSS.

So why not just call em Intergrades?? Why call them northern rainforest diamonds if their just ordinary intergrades??
Their not true diamonds, their found in many different types of habitat, so why northern rainforest diamonds? Cause it sucks in the beginners who dont know any better, thats why.

Maybe i should call my hypo coastals "caramel chocalate chip" or "bannana chocalate chip" carpets depending on colour. hahaha. NOT.!!!!!!

I think you should. That sounds really tasty :lol:

the use of "names" is just a selling ploy ! honey jungles, northern rain forest Diamonds, 80/20, ocre bhp's, super stripe OH PLEASE give us a break ! when i first started out in this industry well over a decade ago, if you perchased a jungle carpet for instance, it was either a black & gold or a black & white not some ****y named thing, a BHP was either QLD or NT form, not some ****y named U- Beaut what ever, anyone who has been around know's that you get BHP's in QLD for instance ranging from cream with brown bands, pale yellow with reddish bands and so on and so on. As I stated, this is just a way for people to market their animals by giving them some ****y name :evil: and as for all the the ball greasing :evil: spare us for christ sake !

Spot on. I just dont get ochre chin BHp's. Half the blackheads you come across out western Qld have some orange on the bottom jaw area. I cant see why people would pay extra money to buy one of these things. I actually think they should be cheaper than the all black heads.
Oh well, i guess the world would be pretty boring if we all thought the same way.

But imo using the term morelia spilota mcdowelli / morelia spilota spilota leads one to belive they are hybrids bettween carpets and diamonds rather than natural intergrades. So if they are natural intergrades imo that is a very silly way to describe them.

For NSW atleast, that is what natural intergrades are listed as for licencing: Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli / Spilota. So that is the possible reason people label them as such.

northern rainforest diamonds is a common name that sounds much better than intergrade.more promotion is whats needded with these beautiful snakes and intergrade definately doesnt do them much justice.its not as if theyre changing the latin name.also the term INTERGRADE confuses people,assuming theyre some kind of cross.people need steering away from that term to make it clearer that they are a form all of their own.i like the new name.the worleys are pretty on the ball

Spot on. I just dont get ochre chin BHp's. Half the blackheads you come across out western Qld have some orange on the bottom jaw area. I cant see why people would pay extra money to buy one of these things. I actually think they should be cheaper than the all black heads.
Oh well, i guess the world would be pretty boring if we all thought the same way.
the idea about breeding these gold chins is that more and more gold is appearing under the chin,the body and the face...who knows where this could lead-a hatchling may appear with the whole head eventually being gold?who knows.each to there own though,but its like any new strain that turns up,that s what keeps breeding exciting.just look at barkers ball python book...pretty amazing

michele,- intergrade DOSNT confuse people into beliving they are a cross, thats what they are.
Rainforest Diamond on the other hand does confuse people, as they are NOT Diamonds. duh.!

I just thought of a good new line to breed. Ochre chin Bhps until all the blacks gone and they have a all yellow head!!! OH hang on.............................haha!

If a beginner bought a northern rainforest diamond and told people thats what he had, he would cop some weird looks. I know Kel and Julie know their stuff.................. i am not saying they don't ,I am just thinking how funny it would sound coming from a person who just acquired their first snake.

Intergrade

an intergrade is excactly that, an intergrade. try marketing it with what ever fancy name you like, but at the end of the day it is where one form over lap naturally with another, therefore creating a natural intergrade ! (ps) Rob, put me down for a pair of your choc chip caramel carpets and possibly a pair of the double choc chip banana carpets as well (LOL):rolleyes:

the idea about breeding these gold chins is that more and more gold is appearing under the chin,the body and the face...who knows where this could lead-a hatchling may appear with the whole head eventually being gold?who knows.

We already have Woma's. I'd rather Black headed pythons have black heads. If i want them with orange heads, i'll buy a nice woma for a lot cheaper.
But as you said, each to their own.

if you read the ad is says morelia spilota mcdoweli/ morelia spilota spilota..... isnt this an intergrade??whether it is natural or not. what ever they are, they are not claimed as pure diamonds.... but damn do they look amazing!! i would love one of those in my collection:)

Yeah OK I saw the part where it says morelia spilota mcdoweli etc but it still doesn't make it6 a Northen Rainforest or desert etc etc diamond ,it makes it an intergrade and should therefore be advertised as such.

What about new comers to the hobby buying one of these and thinking it's actually a pure diamond where maybe when having the animal sold an explanation is given that it is not a diamond but an intergrade so again why not advertise it as such?They're absolutely gorgeous carpets and if there is a known locality to where they originated from such as Port Mac or Kempsey,Dorrigo etc then advertise it as a Dorrigo intergrade not a Northern rainforest diamond?

The Worleys have a great reputation in this hobby so I can't see wthe need to put designer names to animqals which are simply integrades and if from a specific locality would fetch even more money than something called a Northern Rainforest Diamond as they are not they are Northern Intergrades,that's a fact and nothing will change it...keep it real people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back