Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ezekiel86 southern cross know their stuff contact them! about what ? sure Simon & Diane know stuff, but i think you have missed the boat here ! the debate is about re-naming animals as a way to market them ! get with the programme..............

the use of "names" is just a selling ploy ! honey jungles, northern rain forest Diamonds, 80/20, ocre bhp's, super stripe OH PLEASE give us a break ! when i first started out in this industry well over a decade ago, if you perchased a jungle carpet for instance, it was either a black & gold or a black & white not some ****y named thing, a BHP was either QLD or NT form, not some ****y named U- Beaut what ever, anyone who has been around know's that you get BHP's in QLD for instance ranging from cream with brown bands, pale yellow with reddish bands and so on and so on. As I stated, this is just a way for people to market their animals by giving them some ****y name :evil: and as for all the the ball greasing :evil: spare us for christ sake !

Can you explain your thoughts on the Ochre BHP's. Why is the name just a selling ploy?
Are they worth the extra bucks?
Thanks.

First post lol

Hey everyone this is my first post but I just wanted to say i bought a diamond X carpet from Kel a couple years back and she won first place in her catogory at the wild expo this year she really yellow like really really yellow. I wanna post a picture of her but it says that it is too big or something wait I'll figure it out.

kyle%203%20043.JPG

i bought a diamond X carpet from Kel a couple years back and she won first place in her catogory at the wild expo this year she really yellow like really really yellow.

Haha, here we go.
An Intergrade won best diamond at the expo?? Or was it just a prize for a good looking snake? What was the name of the category?

CraigP, why don't you explain to me what set's them apart from wild pops?

looks like this thread is deteriorating into a ball greasing episode !

I remember at the aps trip to Canberra i got to hold this magnificent snake and the guy who owned the reptile centre said it was a rainforest carpet.I've got a pic of me holding it - i'l try my best to find it for you guys

CraigP, why don't you explain to me what set's them apart from wild pops?

Thats what i was asking you?

No ballgreasing here, i would like to know if they should be worth 3x the amount SR sell there BHP's for.

Craig , nothing set's them apart from wild pops, i've found BHP's on the east coast very similar. anyone who has done a bit of herping out west will tell you they are nothing special, certainly not worth a higher $. what this thread is about is the use of trumped up names to sell animals ie: ochre BHP's,Honey Jungles, rain forest Diamonds, fancy name for an intergrade, doesn't make them any less desirable, still nice animals as they are a naturally occuring form, just don't see where people get off coming up with some of these names. Nothing but a marketing ploy, plain and simple!

There's a difference between a marketting ploy and differentiating good quality, unique stock from the rest of the crowd. I agree that the vast majority of these names that are coined are generally cover ups for substandard animals, but not all of them are. Things like Topaz Woma's, Pinstripe Woma's and Ochre Blackheads are the real deal - but I do agree that things like Honey Jungles, Rainforest Diamonds and several others are just flash names for substandard animals.

Jonno, as far as Woma's are concerned, ask Dave from Pilbara Pythons or True Blue with the Boodarie animals for instance : i've seen "pin striped" and "topaz" Woma's produced out of the same clutch, explain that ??? are they not worthy of a fancy name as well???

G'day mate,

I get on well with both Dave and Rob, but just because they have an opinion doesn't mean it has to be taken as gospel :) I like to form my own opinions based off experiences and information that I have picked up off many different people over the years. I'm not saying you are basing your opinion off Dave and Rob, either.

Just because unique animals come from a clutch where other, more plain animals hatched doesn't mean anything. An albino that is bred from a Het X Het mating is still an albino, even though the majority of the clutch wasn't.

Jonno, i have watched a clutch of these woma's hatch with my own eyes & out of that clutch i have seen pin striped & topaz as well as normal banded Woma's. I haven't based my analogy on someone's word, I have seen this for my self. I can see where you are coming from with the amelanistic animals from het X het, but the end result doesn't warrant a "special naming" which correct me if I'm wrong ? but this is what the thread is about.

Hey Vincent it won the OPEN PYTHON catagory at wild expo. Oh here we go. Just cos I'm new don't mean you can down talk me.

Hey Vincent it won the OPEN PYTHON catagory at wild expo. Oh here we go. Just cos I'm new don't mean you can down talk me.

I wasnt talking down to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting this for 7aipan, its his snake that won the award at Expo.

Nice looker mate!!

Attachments

• kyle1_021.jpg
    kyle1_021.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 157
There's a difference between a marketting ploy and differentiating good quality, unique stock from the rest of the crowd. I agree that the vast majority of these names that are coined are generally cover ups for substandard animals, but not all of them are. Things like Topaz Woma's, Pinstripe Woma's and Ochre Blackheads are the real deal - but I do agree that things like Honey Jungles, Rainforest Diamonds and several others are just flash names for substandard animals.
Port Macs are certainly not substandard animals. The naming as Rainforest Diamonds, is certainly a substandard marketing ploy though.

Not a bagging post but I read the ad Hawktime and its says and I quote "Specially selected multi generation captive bred, selectively bred from outstanding parents for temperament, colour and overall health."
Where does it say natural my son, who the hell is Denver? and who cares who doesnt use the inernet.

Haha, good to see I still have some anonymity...:lol:

I'm staying out of this one...

Denver;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back