Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have my sympathy, I am not allowed to have one either. Been threatened with divorce if I come home with a snake. Never mind "husband be gone" season is coming up maybe then ;)

just get one :D matt might of told u my story about my spotted :) whts the worse they can do to u? or the snake? well.... the snake might not come off as good as u, but ur parents would have to have alot of sin to kill or 'get rid of' something u really desperatly love. Just put on ur saddnes most depressed face and personality ever they'll give in eventually, good luck!

If you're young, and it's your parents house.....respect your parents....the time will come when you can get your snake without anyones permission.....family comes first.

If you're young, and it's your parents house.....respect your parents....the time will come when you can get your snake without anyones permission.....family comes first.

I totally agree grannieannie, when i was at home i wanted to get a snake and i nagged my parents to no end, then when i got engaged and moved in together she put her foot down and said no. That relationship eneded and now i am with a woman who i love dearly, who also loves all reptiles, and i am in a better position to be able to learn about, care for and love my babies. Some people, unfortunately no matter how hard you try will never be able to accept snakes as pets

I have four lizards already and have ben told no more animals....I plan on getting a snake once I have my own home, but I would rather work with them at a reptile park, therefore not actually "owning" one. I would love a frill neck though!!

My parents wouldnt let me either,,they were "scared":rolleyes:.so..in hindsight...take whoever it is down to the shops.. get them to handle a snake or 2,;)..Educate them..explain it will be under lock and key..explain you dont have to put rats in the freezer mum!,:rolleyes:..when they see your being mature about it it may influence their decision,waiting till you get married and move out and hoping your gf likes herps sounds pretty long...educate them...snakes are great pets.;)
good luck :D

Attachments

• fmly.jpg
    fmly.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 39
ya im trying to nag but i think they are scared to get one i will try to get my parents to handle one my dad says the only good snake is a dead snake lol and aussie blue tongue u know matt

And let's all be clear on one important fact.......we don't "own" these animals, they are all wild no matter how long we have them in our homes,of if they are born in captivity, we are honoured to be their "carers"....!!! I've loved snakes for 30 yrs, I'm now 59 and have only had my first snake for a year..... :) Time goes faster than you think. :)

I am also threatened with divorce if I come home with a snake. So I am negotiating around a lizard/gecko at the moment as a starter. Also I am lucky enough to work at a school.... Helloooo educational licence.

lol brava! My partner wasn't too keen on the idea of snakes as pets straight up, so I've 'eased' her into the idea via lizards, beardies to be exact.
Maybe macmilliam, this is a possible solution to your predicament also; if you started off with a nice blue-tongue or dragon rather than a snake straight away, maybe those in charge will learn to love reptiles too, rather than just remain afraid (if this is the case).
Regardless, as Annie and TigerCoastal said, the time will come all too soon when you eventually move out. Then there will be no restrictions, you'll be free to do as you want, and there will be no-one there to hold you back!!! (...or pay the bills, or get things fixed, or cook)
hehe ;)
Cheers,
Nic

ya im trying to nag but i think they are scared to get one i will try to get my parents to handle one my dad says the only good snake is a dead snake lol and aussie blue tongue u know matt

yeh i talk to him alot on msn :) been to his house once too and he knows people from my school loool

Im not allowed to get any Pilbara Death Adders, but they will only get better looking and cheaper until i can. I also will have to get the dangerous Elapid licence which seems like too much money and effort.

Maybe get a BHP, goanna or Mugla Snake they love eating snakes and that may be worth some credit :lol:

My Mrs said I could have 1 Lizard to replace the 6 iguanas I left behind in the UK eight years ago........

I then asked her to marry me & between then & getting married the reptile invasion began....... I now have 30 odd Lizards at any one time & 20 odd snakes...........

Just buy 1 or 10 and take the consequences........ parents/girlfriends settle down eventually !!!!:D:D:D

lol landlords are easy if they are scared of snakes could you emagine the look of their face when a full grown bredli is the welcome party when they do inspections lmfao

as for parents they cant do much when you have already got it in the house lol

and g/f /wives well need i say more treat em mean and keep em keen lol either both stay or she goes easy choice imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back