Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt matter where you are in the food chain, there is always something willing to eat you.

No as they are immune to the venom. Most elapid eaters are. BHP are a perfect example

That footage is disgusting because it was set by some herpetologist for entertainment and not shot in the wild ,
far too much of this BS going on

thats just wrong in so many ways, fair enough it happens naturally in the wild but to set it up for entertainment is just wrong.

Jungle and Trueblue, I agree, If it was photographed in the wild by naturally occuring events, then it wouldn't be so bad, I just saw the video there and found it interesting (ignoreing how wrong it is).
I just posted the video so someone else could see it, I've never seen footage of a snake attacking another snake and I was amazed.

If it is set up then I completly agree too, I just don't think it was intentionally set up. Not too much fore-thought involved in the keepers actions but it seems to be a legitimate mistake

I agree.
Looked like a wild setting to me, could have been an honest shot or it could have been staged.
Who knows? but it was an interesting vid either way.

Can someone more experianced in vens clear this up for me, but wouldn't they both die due to the venom?

The Mulga P.australis has a fairly high tollerance for being bitten by other snakes.
The Mulga itself, like several other Elapids, is a snake eater so it's vemon is designed to kill other snakes - pure and simple.

Doesnt matter where you are in the food chain, there is always something willing to eat you.

No as they are immune to the venom. Most elapid eaters are. BHP are a perfect example

Not so much immune, just very tollerant. A big Mulga will knock off a BHP will relative ease.

Am I missing something, why does everyone think its set up, it looks like a wild setting to me?

Mulga vs BHP

But Elapid you havent met TINY. my BHP, have you got a Mulga ready to take him on

Ok, he isnt really a black head, its a childrens, but still

Attachments

• pythonrc.jpg
    pythonrc.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 27
:lol::lol::lol: Tiny's too cute to feed off to my girls. :lol::lol::lol:
I know for a fact, one of my girls would give it a go. She's a complete psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back