Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, 90% of my girls, regardless of species are psycho's.
Both Mulga females just want to kill anything that moves and the male is a sweetheart.
My big male Scrubbie is gentle, the female - Satans Daughter (and she finally got me on Sunday after many years trying) and that just 2 examples.

My BHP is gonna get me one of these days he just launches from the back of his enclosure straight out the front and then he's out of his enclosure and he is suddenly fine to pick up.

I think my BHP would give most things a go.

Cool, my girls are due for a feed :lol:

My BHP is gonna get me one of these days he just launches from the back of his enclosure straight out the front and then he's out of his enclosure and he is suddenly fine to pick up.

Substitute "Inland Taipan" instead of "BHP" and remove "suddenly fine to pick up" and in it's place put "wants to kill anything and everything that moves. :shock:

I love cleaning both his and the females enclosures, makes the day so much more fun ;)

I had that same fun cleaning out a sea snake enclosure at Sydney aquarium. That was an exciting event that could have gone all bad.

True, but if its a sizeable scrubbie i'd rather be bitten by a ven, at least that way you can get to a phone to get to a doc, i'd hate to be coiled by a scrubbie.

Tough call, would probably go with that depending on size of scrubbie, type of ven.firend of mine got tagged by her scrubbie, had to drag it to the sink and put it's head under to get it off and it's fairly big.

Yeah tis a tough call, I just dont like the idea of being crushed.
My dog got taken by a scrubbie a few years ago. big fella, i'd say up near the 6m mark, it was a staffy too. big solid male.

Sorry to hear you lost your dog like that, the idea of being crushed is not a good one

Scrubby had a gnaw eh? not too much damage?

Nah, she's only a small 9 footer, so she basically just gave me a love bite on the hand. Wrapped a couple of coils so I couldn't get away too quick.

At least it wasn't a ven

Ain't that the truth, luckily I've only had a few close calls with my vens, the Inland Taipans and Mulgas are the only ones to really worry me when they come close.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back