Opinions on dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive only disposed of 3 of these dogs i have owned. All the rest were placed in good homes . The ones that were put down were done so because of aggression towards humans. Simple really. To get scientific proof that mongrels are a more sound dog would be way to hard. Its pretty common knowledge anyway :rolleyes: But you being an expert on dogs may be able to find something. Wheres your dogs in all this Midol ?? Matt

LMAO!

All your credibility has just flown out of the window.

Dogs are a product of their environment. You won't find ANY decent behaviorist who will tell you otherwise. The fact that you raised 3 dogs out of 70 due to human aggression shows that you don't have a clue about breeding.

It is not common knowledge, it is a myth. No studies have been done on it at all which is why you wouldn't be able to find any scientific proof. BUT a sound understanding of genetics will show you that simply crossing two random breeds does not create a good dog.

I'm giving up with you. You clearly have no idea.

I'd definatley go the german shep... if that's what you want in the first place anyway - and they do look impressive when someone's trying to get in - they may not even bother... beautiful dogs that fit all your needs... i'd look into the euthanasion problem.. maybe if you have - beware of the dog signs or something? i think there was a thread on this earlier...

It's pretty obvious most of the posts here are just - 'get the same dog as i have because the one i have is amazing'....

we all love our dogs - i have border collies which are amazing for my needs - but wouldn't suit some of hers... and as we all know there are exceptions to EVERY rule - including breed stereotypes...

Last edited:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]am st[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]af nothing else :p
[/FONT]

Read the post Myall . I didnt raise the dogs they were ones that i had bought and didnt work out. They were and are all hunting dogs and sometimes you gotta go through alot to get what you want. I now have 4 dogs that i am very happy with and will stick with them. I also have a litter of pups on the ground that i will keep 2 out of , grow up a bit and then pass on the other. How many dogs you got ?? Do you own any ?? Are you one of these Reputable Breeders ?? Whats the go ?? You seem to know soooo much ??? Matt :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you live in a really hot area like somewhere in Qld then you might have to unless you keep them inside in the ac when it gets hot lol

No, it's not neccessary.

We live in Brisbane, which can get stinking hot in the summer. We've got a Husky and he copes with the heat just fine. As Midol mentioned, shaving or clipping their fur inhibits their ability to regulate heat. Huskies have a double layer coat and it works both ways - keeping them warm in cool weather and cool in warm weather.

Wow Miss B, what's that, like the FOURTH time you have mentioned that?

I would be loosing the plot if I had to repeat myself that many times! ;)

If it's a guard dog you are after you can't go past a "TruBlue Australian Bandog". Our boy is extremely protective, very loving, likes a good walk but doesn't object if he misses the occassional one and guards our house extremely well. He has the biggest deepest bark imaginable - but only uses it when someone approaches the house. Only downside is he skittles the kids when he plays with them as he doesn't get how big he is - they all grew up together, and he's a bit "drooly" when walked on hot days. Contrary to belief Aussie bandogs are not like American Bandogs and have no pitbull in them. Ours is a good, protective family dog.

Attachments

• DSC01008.jpg
    DSC01008.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 36
Read the post Myall . I didnt raise the dogs they were ones that i had bought and didnt work out. They were and are all hunting dogs and sometimes you gotta go through alot to get what you want. I now have 4 dogs that i am very happy with and will stick with them. I also have a litter of pups on the ground that i will keep 2 out of , grow up a bit and then pass on the other. How many dogs you got ?? Do you own any ?? Are you one of these Reputable Breeders ?? Whats the go ?? You seem to know soooo much ??? Matt :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, I am involved with rescue (only new to it though) - I do not breed. I clean up the mess that dodgey owners & breeders like you create.

What health tests did you do on your dogs? What genetic testing did you do? Do you have hip scores for them? What were the hip score results?

No, it's not neccessary.

We live in Brisbane, which can get stinking hot in the summer. We've got a Husky and he copes with the heat just fine. As Midol mentioned, shaving or clipping their fur inhibits their ability to regulate heat. Huskies have a double layer coat and it works both ways - keeping them warm in cool weather and cool in warm weather.

Lmao, every time dogs come up you and I are ALWAYS having to tell people that huskies do not have to be shaved. Eventually people will learn.

If a human can cope then the husky can also cope as long as you're not working it. I've walked my Husky (the missing one) in 30-32 degree heat and he manages fine. I'd never run him or work him in that heat though.

Huskies actually cope better in heat than a lot of short haired breeds.

Lmao, every time dogs come up you and I are ALWAYS having to tell people that huskies do not have to be shaved. Eventually people will learn.

I know, and how many times are we going to have to say it? :shock: :lol:

ive had border collies, they arnt really big or anything but they are energetic, playful, loyal, smart ect.
my mothers had German shepherd's and she said they are one of the best dogs.
they make good guard dogs and are very loyal and intelligent

anyways good luck with your choice
and i hope to see some pics of your new pup when you get it

Camo...

Im a what breeder !! If i was standing in front of you you wouldnt say it hiding behind your key board ! My muts are all perfectly sound and i dont need to test for hip this or that. Ive only bred 5 litters in 20 years and ive never had one single complaint. My pups and the bitch are all raised on Science Diet and get the best excersice and care and cleanliness of any dogs i know. I live on 105 acres and thier yard is 1 acre all to themselves with kennels on one side fully concreted and raised beds. You had better go back to cleaning up other peoples messes now matey and ill stick to what i know ! Keeping and raising top dogs.

What crosses are they?

I'd happily tell you what I think of back yard breeding to your face, and there isn't a thing you'd do about it - unless you support violence which of course you do not.

Malamutes and huskies are excellent dogs. Very loyal. They are pack dogs but very loyal to the "leader" of the pack. I have heard they need alot of work (more than most dogs) a desent sized yard for running around in, should be walked every day, also brushing very frequently (practically daily) and may not cope well with the weather up there (i have heard brizzy is really too hot for them) as they are actually cold weather dogs, and can have hip problems and troubles with arthritis. But each breed will have it's potential health problem

Dalmations, german shepards, great danes are beautiful dogs.. I once knew a dalmation that smiled all the time very awsome....

You are very true about mals, I bred them and showed them quite successfully for several years but they do find it too hot here in Brisbane and it was at a time when I could devote time to walking them so I gave them away.I lost a few cats to my Mals as they are so clever and keep quiet watching as a cat or even a bird gets in their yard and don't make a sound until they are onto their "prey". Killed quite a few birds too. Yes clever loyal to pack leader dogs. I once had to hold off two females from fighting over my male, They knew I was the boss and stopped as I stood between them. OH the good old days!!

Yeah, I wouldn't really recommend a mal or a sibe to a first dog owner. Gotta be on your toes 24/7 ensuring you are the pack leader.

The strong prey drive also cause a lot of problems. My foster boy has a pretty low prey drive - if he is chasing a bug or something I can call him off but my dog thats missing (Axle) had a prey drive which dwarfs anything I've seen. Once something moves NOTHING will get his attention till the thing was dead or gone.

ETA: Matty, thanks for the colorful PM. Do you understand that genetic issues don't present in every dog immediately? Your dogs might appear healthy but what happens when people breed the dogs you bred and create dogs fill of defects and disorders and has to cull the entire litter. Thats your fault. You should be testing. Why don't you simply READ the bull arab website and test the dogs you breed... It's not that expensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back