PICS= Myself and some of my beautiful pythons!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of two people who contracted a dose of salmonella from reptiles.One was the wife of one of the sponsors of this site quite a few years ago and the other was me,just last year.

were you kissing it?

nice pics :)
i didnt realise salmonella was an issue with handling reptiles, i always wash before handling but i never really do afterwards...

were you kissing it?

haha No but thats the whole point of my posting what I did,kissing reptiles would make contracting it that much easier.

Most likely happened while cleaning tubs or enclosures.Ended up being bad enough for the doctor to want to hospitalise me,not that she got her way,but none the less it is a very nasty bug.

Yeah I really don't want myself or anyone else getting sick.
You can't do anything these days without it causing some kind of deadly illness.
Cheers again for the new compliments.

Kissing reptiles ..... hmmm, all the boyfriends must be jealous. :(

wait there were snakes in those pics....i better go have a second look.

I'm aware of the salmonella thing but personally i don't worry about it ill deal with it if it happens. i do use hand wash tho just not religiously, I'm surprised people don't know about it, when i started researching keeping herps it was one of the first things i learnt

Soz just thought about how many times my mum told me not to kiss the cat when I was little ,I didnt listen and yes I got ringworm :( but I still kiss that cat .... hahaha

Jeez if kissing a cat gives you that, what would those people who let their dogs lick their mouths get!
Very nice pythons!

TaraLeigh, Just keep in mind at some point your snakes are bound to roll around in crap and urine while in their cages ....I know my womas cant help but do it each time they take a dump ;)
Nice snakes by the way.

I guess its the same with most animals, I mean how many people let their dogs kiss them (me inc) and its false that their mouth is safe. It just contains diff bacteria to ours but can make you very sick (dog bites are one of the worst for infection). With snakes I was always told I would go blind ;) hahaha. BTW Im jealous of your olive, I love them.

All the boyfriends? Aye Waterrat?
Tristan.... thanx man.
Thankyou OH SO MUCH dickyknee, certainly a lovely thing to keep in my mind that is already full of things runnning around like crazy.
With ya snakeluvver. Ick. Dog slobber.
Cheers Chris. She is amazing.

All the boyfriends? Aye Waterrat?
Tristan.... thanx man.
Thankyou OH SO MUCH dickyknee, certainly a lovely thing to keep in my mind that is already full of things runnning around like crazy.
With ya snakeluvver. Ick. Dog slobber.
Cheers Chris. She is amazing.

Glad I could help ;)

Looks like I might have to start kissing mine more often! I'd do anything for a few days off work! Haha :p

My brother got salmonella/food poising when he was younger. He had some dodge Chinese food and I think it was the prawns in it. It hit him pretty hard and he was off school for a while just eating rice crackers and things haha!

Who knows, I could get hit by a truck tomorrow.. Salmonella poising would be the least of my worries then. There are worse things that could happen to you in day to day life than getting salmonella poising. Sure you can do things to prevent getting it like not kissing your snakes but where's the fun in that!

Your photos are great Tara :)! The snakes are pretty cool as well!

Beautiful snakes Tara :D

Last edited:
Cheers guys :p
Sweet. In future I shall bathe my snakes before giving em kisses. It was really only for the little photoshoot anyway. I have a boyfriend to kiss. I just like pouting in photos. The s word is deff something to consider though. Noone wants that. Oh. Well. Unless they want a couple days off work as previously mentioned :lol:

I read this thread and my fathers voice came booming back from many years ago "Get your face away from that animal!! it'll bite you or you'll catch something". Yet to this day none of my various pets have ever bitten me yet alone on my face. The only animal that bit me was HIS pet galah when we had to sadly give it away after his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back