Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im waiting until they are $800-1000, maybe next season?

Indicus...lt was you personally that quoted me $3000.00 ....posted by Indicus..................................
$3000???...more fool you; you've been ripped off :lol: and l chose not to purchase and to this day STILL don't own a jungle, but that's a choice we all have no one forces us to pay numerically high prices ......cheers solar 17 [BADEN]

Hi Solar17
Firstly i've never sold any animal for $3000;
It would have been for a pair....
my appologies if you've misunderstood.
Like yourself; I to have an opinion on the subject;
just differs to yours...
Sorry if it offends you; or your wallet ;)

What ever happened to growing your collection over time? We as I'm sure lots of others as well started out with the cheaper stuff,bred from them and used any profit made to purchase more expensive animals, to me its a natural progression.

Now I guess we have to do our homework on whom to buy our "quality legal greens" from.
some so called "respected" breeders are anything but !!! one only has to look at whom they are assosiated with & their background.............................

Now I guess we have to do our homework on whom to buy our "quality legal greens" from.
some so called "respected" breeders are anything but !!! one only has to look at whom they are assosiated with & their background.............................

Browns,I've been looking for "legit" ones for years.A few people have claimed that theirs are the real McCoy but on questioning they become pretty vague with their answers,very very frustrating!

re Price

Browns,I've been looking for "legit" ones for years.A few people have claimed that theirs are the real McCoy but on questioning they become pretty vague with their answers,very very frustrating!

Now Now Ramsayi,behave yourself,you know how the system operates! Australia came from a convict past and so has our reptiles here in NSW,your dodgey and get laundered by an amnesty or something and thats it,cream,live with it :lol:

Fair go zulu,how would you feel if you went out to buy a chiko roll and some mongrel flogged a half baked dim sim off to you instead?

Purchasing reptiles

I would still like to know .....who has been FORCED to purchase a reptile....and secondly l was taught right from primary school DO YOUR HOMEWORK.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

When asking about "legit" greens are you referring to Aussie greens or legit captive bred PNG or Indo ones.

Hi Solar17
Firstly i've never sold any animal for $3000;
It would have been for a pair....
my appologies if you've misunderstood.
Like yourself; I to have an opinion on the subject;
just differs to yours...
Sorry if it offends you; or your wallet ;)

Well, even though we never spoke or met, you must have done me a great deal on my B&Ws! To give me TWO for three grand, wow, thanks Indicus! Heh heh, got a pair off The Devil, absolute stunners mate!

Simple market economics. It is even more obvious in a small niche market like "Pythons". If supply exceeds demand, prices drop. (Hold on, I'm trying to sound clever but someone has probably made this point already! :p) I for one look forward to the day I can get a pair of sexed GTP's for a decent price. S'far as 'decent' breeders go, I know of at least two I would trust to give both a fair price as well as as accurate lineage as you could get from someone without doing genetic testing.

GTP's nice snake, them's what have them tell me they are as boring as all get out! Nearly bought a pair 8 years ago for 10k, built a reptile house instead! Will still keep breeding spotteds, coastals, murray darlings, bredli, etc. the "bread and butter"stuff" to support my "habit!"

Investers have pushed prices up on property , classic cars and bikes , collectables and rare animals to the point that average enthusiasts cant afford them anymore . When the prices crash they are the ones who suffer . Bring it on , make them work for a change .

Im waiting until they are $800-1000, maybe next season?

I can't wait when this will happen.
This will stop smuggling of this poor creatures.
I hate all smugglers of wild life.

So much cruelty.

No more smelly parcels delivered by Australia post.

Well said Slateman,and the poor ones that get caught get euthanised,the ppl that do import them,they need tougher penalties,Not a slap on the wrist.

This has been going on for many years with some quite surprising names involved. I remember I think 10 greens found at Townsville airport (?) that allegedly had an unknown virus, probably scare tactics use by the authorities but who knows ?

Fact , there have been recently heaps of illegally smuggled in juvenile green pythons and
this a huge reason why many people are selling greens cheap.
Another fact, there will be many disappointed buyers with disasters through disease just around the corner. Russian snake roulette, the question is, are you willing to play?

This season there has been LARGE numbers of hatchling greens smuggled into the country, hence the massive price drop as people start trying to unload them. Canberra, (our lovely capital for example), is reported to be loaded with them. Ironic to say the least.

Well said Slateman,and the poor ones that get caught get euthanised,the ppl that do import them,they need tougher penalties,Not a slap on the wrist.

You will find that the penalties for smuggling are quite hefty. I know that evryone seems to believe that a former member of this site only got a $3000 fine for smuggling. The fine of $3000 was imposed by the Victorian authorities for breach of licensing rule in that state. Smuggling is a federal offence and if anyone has ever heard of a federal court case happening with in 2 month of the offence I would be amazed, In a preliminary hearing he has had his passport taken so he cannot skip the country. You will fiind it will take 2-3 years fr the court case to come up. This generally how it works.

Well, even though we never spoke or met, you must have done me a great deal on my B&Ws! To give me TWO for three grand, wow, thanks Indicus! Heh heh, got a pair off The Devil, absolute stunners mate!

Simple market economics. It is even more obvious in a small niche market like "Pythons". If supply exceeds demand, prices drop. (Hold on, I'm trying to sound clever but someone has probably made this point already! :p) I for one look forward to the day I can get a pair of sexed GTP's for a decent price. S'far as 'decent' breeders go, I know of at least two I would trust to give both a fair price as well as as accurate lineage as you could get from someone without doing genetic testing.

Alittle off topic but the bw's have only just become a little more available recently,in the past you would be damn lucky if you could find a stunning example of a TRUE Jullaten locality form black and white to purchase.So as with anything demand and supply is what made them the price they are.I recall when womas were $2,500 each which wasn't too long ago and there were at least quite a few available,with bw's there were none,especially the quality of the ones indicus breeds,I know as I've seen them all and own a few and I was one of the lucky ones that managed to purchase a stunning adult TRUE black and white however I have no information on original locality data but those who know these animals know what's the ridygy didge frrom the pretend bw's.

Just look how long some lines of bg jungles have been fetching top dollar anywhere from $800-$1000 depending on the animal and with some it didn't matter which bg from the clutch was purchased it still got sold for$800 and many were sold before they were even bred and they are now a very common animal where you can now pick and chose and even get pics of the animals you're interested in however a few years ago ppl wouldn't send pics of individual animals and very rarely would you see pics of the adults and one reason for that is that most bg's such as Palmerston types start to smudge or black out after 3 years sometimes even younger and don't look anything like a nice Palmerston in it's prime which start to colour up as early as 6 months old then tend to peak out and look their best around 18 months or so depending on the lineage.Black and whites don't black out however unfortunately don't stay bright white when they're old animals and I'm talking around 10 years old or older but many stay that crispy white still at ages from 3-5 years old and some selective breeding will help to improve that,just take a look at the bw posted by indicus in the maternal incubation thread under general herps and that is as recent a pic as you will get and she's bred twice already.Makes them worth every cent of 3k for a nice pair imo!!!

Personally I'd have been happy to pay old woma prices for top notch bw's anyday if they were available way back when womas were top dollar animals.BW's are or were very rare only 2 seasons ago and now that indicus got some of his original animals back and bred them they're available to those who appreciate top quality real deal locality black and white jungles and will become more and more available as time goes on and the animals people have purchased are bred the prices will most likely drop.Supply and demand dictates the market as it always has!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back