proffessional dog fights inside story last night on ch2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ridgeback and rotties are not pittbulls, Dont get me started on rotties!! one decided to remove my calf muscle with his teeth when i was 6

Rotties are great dogs, trust mine with my life. Its sad a few bad mishaps bring the whole breed down.

point is dont comment on why or why not pitts fight when you dont have one, havent owned one, and dont fight them...You could possible know why they fight unless you are a dog whisperer which i doubt. And to say they fight to rip the other dogs lungs out.... do some reserch on why exactly they do that. I think you will find itd not though agression but through the pain they are put through.

Minka - i dont doubt they are great! just had a bad experiance. Same as pit bulls other peoples miss haps make the whole breed frowed upon. Punish the deed not the breed.

People lose the plot so easily. Amazing...My only point was they were bred for fighting.:p
Cockney your opinions/comments make it sound as though you agree with what they are doing to these poor creatures..no one disputes that they are hunters/fighters. My thread is saying how horrible it is that they are doing this, not there fighting/hunting capabilities!!!

Why they fight is not the issue, some fight because they are scared of being ripped apart, others fight because they very good at it...
surely no one reason would go for all dogs..
Anyway...
The point of the doco was to expose the business..so if you dindt see it,,watch the repeat and comment on the actual show, which was really well done i thought..
jmo

Last edited:
Some times i purposely walk past particular houses that i know are doing it and its frigtening to hear, i cant imagin watching it.

I believe pitties were originally bred for bullbaiting, then dog fighting a lil later on..

Either way, we should all be against the inhumane act of dog-fighting, it's by no means fair on the animal to have to be put in that position, and the f@ckwits responsible for this should be behind bars at the very least!

Anywho, Bazza, you mentioned that show was gonna be on again tonight yea?? Not looking forward to the graphic details, but am interested to see what they have to say..

Some times i purposely walk past particular houses that i know are doing it and its frigtening to hear, i cant imagin watching it.
They are holding dog fights and you just walk past and listen? :shock:

Bleeding heart sentimental crap. Opinion was in post, its called breeding. Anthropomorphism rules.:)
point is dont comment on why or why not pitts fight when you dont have one, havent owned one, and dont fight them...You could possible know why they fight unless you are a dog whisperer which i doubt. And to say they fight to rip the other dogs lungs out.... do some reserch on why exactly they do that. I think you will find itd not though agression but through the pain they are put through.

The following is extracted from the Australian branch of the American Pit Bull Association:- Link to it is:

http://www.pitbull.org.au/history.htm

Oh, and my slant on this? ANYONE who sees fit to do this to these poor animals should, as was said earlier, be put into a ring themselves and left to the mercy of the very dogs they train to do this sort of thing. DON'T jail them, that means we have to pay for their keep through our taxes, show them the comapssion they show the animals in their "care".

For those ill-informed souls, it may be worth looking this up before further comment:-

Whether or not fanciers of the breed want to acknowledge it, besides long history as a working dog, the American Pit Bull Terrier’s heritage is deeply rooted in the sport of dog fighting. As objectionable and barbaric as this history may be, to reject this historical truth is to fail to understand the source of many of the qualities that have helped the breed to flourish. To understand the modern dog one must understand the negative aspects of its history that led to development of those traits.

Early Origins

During the time of Minos in Crete the sport of bull baiting was quite a popular form of entertainment. This sport was developed as a part of the worship practice in honor of the warrior god "Mithras".

During this time, most dogs were wild and ferocious by nature. As the Roman tribes of the time conquered and moved across the land, they also took the sport with them. Due to the selective breeding of the best dogs, a distinctive breed began to emerge.

The Bulldog

The bulldog part of the APBT was not the bulldog of today. The bulldog of several centuries ago was an agile, muscular dog of medium size, quite capable of participating in the bull-baiting and bear-baiting events of the time. Bulldogs were admired for their tenacity, gameness and their tolerance of pain - all good attributes for dogs battling foes many times their size.

Whether or not fanciers of the breed want to acknowledge it, besides long history as a working dog, the American Pit Bull Terrier’s heritage is deeply rooted in the sport of dog fighting. As objectionable and barbaric as this history may be, to reject this historical truth is to fail to understand the source of many of the qualities that have helped the breed to flourish. To understand the modern dog one must understand the negative aspects of its history that led to development of those traits.

hey Rhiann, if you're certain you know they're involved in it, why not dob the a holes in?? You'd remain anonymous so I wouldn't worry too much. I know I bloody would, those people sicken me :evil:

Nuthn- unfortunatly thier is not much i can do, i have dobbed them in several times, but they know its me. they also know i have pittbulls and a new baby amstaff which would be perfect for the to turn into a machine, the thought of them taking my babys and putting them in the ring sickens me... Thier is nothing else i can do

:( and nothings been done after they've been dobbed in?? Would be so frustrating!!

my dog, squiggy(check out "pics of pets!) could become dangerous if you train/mistreat her will become dangerousm, shes had a go at a friends uncle that I was meeting for the first time and when we shook hands she tried to bite his stomach:( and probably could maul someone quite bad she was already drawing blood before she was 1 year old(when my brother annoyed/played stupid games with her she would just get annoyed and bite him and he would have minor scabs(the ones you get from thistle minor)(she was around 6 months I think)

there is ALWAYS something that can be done about it rmcneill there's the rspca, the police, and the tv current affairs programs, there's always someone willing to expose these morons, but it needs the likes of us to stir someone into action, (but remember to hide your baby first) maybe keeping her inside would be beneficial

Last edited:
They apparently seized the first lot of dogs about 1yr a bit ago, but they are still doing it!

Nah, I know where you're coming from, not against you or anythin, just saying i can understand how pi$$ed off you'd be that's all...

It's really sad knowing these low lifes can get away with this in our day & age :(

Thanks for that info dipcdame :) ...I believe all dogs in a friendly environment are mush puppies I have had staffy's pitty's and currently have a rottyxridgeback ALL my dogs have been sooky la la's..It's a matter of how you treat the animal IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back