proffessional dog fights inside story last night on ch2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes like I said all animals have the potential to be dangerous even poodles :p And yer Chris there were some parts of the story that certainly made me feel a li'l sick in the stomache, to think people actually pay to watch this..

Well cockney...I'm not too sure on the background specifics of why each breed of dog was invented lolz but yeh I've known alot of blokes to have pitty's for just this reason...

Completely different dog. Pitbull was bred specifically for dog fighting.
This quote is about AMstaffs which were breed for that same thing as pitts and are quite similar....

Although the early ancestors of this breed came from England, the development of the American Staffordshire Terrier is the story of a truly American breed. This type of dog was instrumental in the success of farmers and settlers who developed this country. They were used for general farm work, hunting wild pigs, bears, and other large game, guarding the homestead, and general companionship.

A number of the early ancestors were also developed for the "sport" of dog fighting. The extraordinary vitality of this breed is a direct result of breeding for successful fighting dogs. This now illegal activity is, unfortunately, more often cited as the early purpose of the dogs rather than the general farm work.

Is anyone posting that they are breed originally for fighting, Accessed the info on there history correctly through the american pitbull club of australia? or the American staffordshire club of australia? or the ACA?

Wheres the proof to back that up cockney?..I'm highly interested to see where you get your information from...

Its not a completky different dog! they are technically 1st cousins! do you own both of them???

Wheres the proof to back that up cockney?..I'm highly interested to see where you get your information from...

If you search pitbull breed history you will find two stories. One swears black and blue that they were bred soley for hunting and one that says they were bred soley for fighting.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between. But there were and still are many dogs that are far more efficient at hunting than the pitbull, but not more efficient fighters.

Waru - i agree, you will find to completly different stories. But they are good hunters i can say that for sure because I hunt with mine. They are strong enough to take out a wild boar easily, and are certainaitly quick enough. To say they are good fighters is only because they are renouned for there obsession to please there owners. They are taken advantage of because they love you that much they will die for you in the ring if you ask them to. Its really really sad people abuse this trait the pit bull has, rather than making it a posative thing

Waru - i agree, you will find to completly different stories. But they are good hunters i can say that for sure because I hunt with mine. They are strong enough to take out a wild boar easily, and are certainaitly quick enough. To say they are good fighters is only because they are renouned for there obsession to please there owners. They are taken advantage of because they love you that much they will die for you in the ring if you ask them to. Its really really sad people abuse this trait the pit bull has, rather than making it a posative thing

I agree with you it is a very sad and disgusting thing to do to take advantage of their loyalty and temperament. I don't own a pitty and i don't hunt my dogs but i have been hunting with friends dogs and although for their size they are good for hunting they are by no means the best IMO.

Sentimental crap. Adog does not fight because Mumsy wants him to, its because he wants to tear the other dogs lungs out. Its the culmination of a thousand years breeding of Mastiffs and nutcase terriers, a more volatile mix you wont find.

Cockney your opinions/comments make it sound as though you agree with what they are doing to these poor creatures..no one disputes that they are hunters/fighters. My thread is saying how horrible it is that they are doing this, not there fighting/hunting capabilities!!!

Anyone who is willing to breed pitty's purely to be killing machine for their own sick pleasures should be jailed!

They are hunters and they are fighters, there is no question about that. What disturbs me most is ill educated people assuming they are a mauling machine, which is crap. I really think that people who fight them have some serious issues going on upstairs, most of them are on power trips, like the people that let there agressive pit bulls of there leads purely to attack another in public.

ridgeback and rotties are not pittbulls, Dont get me started on rotties!! one decided to remove my calf muscle with his teeth when i was 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back