Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
hey,

im getting my fourth python at this years homebush expo. i want a python which is very good colour and will stand out a lot so i had to take out inland carpet as they are not colourful enough but i know they look still very beautiful but i really need sthing that stands out a lot so i have narrowed it down to the folowing:
1. Diamond python
2. BHP (black headed python)
3. 'Tiger' or 'Honey' Jungle carpet python
4. Jungle carpet python

i really love the look of jungles but from wat i have heard, they are very snappy. should i take a chance. i can go with the 'tiger' or 'honey' jungle which is GENERALLY more placid or the diamond. but i heard that diamonds can be heard to look after indoors. is this the case??? BHP's are very beautiful but the size of them when adults kind of puts me off. what is the average size of BHP's.

any ideas will be helpful

thanks

hey,

i can go with the 'tiger' or 'honey' jungle which is GENERALLY more placid or the diamond.

thanks

I not sure where people get this whole honey jungle thing from? Talk about your urban legand! Just about jungles tend to be a little narky when they are young, but most of them seem to clam with age. Southern X reptiles seem to have bred most of their jungles for a better temprement. But having said that there are always expections.

If you want something placid, get a diamond buddy. Living in Sydney you've all ready got the right temps all year round, plus you could easily keep it outside if you wanted.

so i can keep a diamond indoors in sydney???

yeah, with the honey jungles. dolittle farm sells them plus if you read 'keeping and breeding aus pythons' by mike swan, they refer to the honey jungles as more placid. i think this is the same with tiger jungles. i think they are just the atherton form of jungles though.

also, do womas and BHP's grow to the same length??

hey...
i have a "honey" jungle at the moment, and as far as temperament goes it is a very placid snake, when she was younger she was a little flighty but very reluctant to bite. personally i would recommend them but thats up to you... im not sure about tigers as i havent looked into them much but i would assume they are similar, so it just depends which patterns you like better...
as far as diamonds go they can be a bit precious and aren't as hardy as a lot of the other pythons, but if you give them the right conditions they are a great snake and you can get some ridiculously good looking ones... and as for the temperature for diamonds you would wont to keep it cooler then the majority of other snakes. the ideal temp. is around 26 degrees but no lower then 20 and no higher then 32.
as long as you have a good set up i see no problem with keeping them inside.

hope this helps, goodluck with it all... anyway you go, you will still get an amazing snake

thanks. i have decided to take jungle carpet python out of the equation as i asked a breeder if any hatchlings were placid but none of them were and i would really love a python which will be very placid as an adult so now its between:
*Honey or tiger jungle carpet python
*Diamond python
*BHP

any ideas

the term 'honey' jungle (most ppl seem to think) was a term made up for a dull looking jungle that is not your avarage yellow or gold, i have 2 tigers & they are the most placid of all my jungles, if your interrested in tigers have a look at ROGERS REPTILES website as he is the breeder of them, but as said before a daimond is well suited to sydney area & proberly your best bet.. tony

thanks for the reply. what do you think of the tiger jungles. are they good looking and are they as nice looking as jungles. do you like them as much as your other jungles.????

i am starting to like tiger jungles but still BHP and diamonds are still there. hard decisions. :)

nah m8. would rather go for the above pythonsd. why, have you got one????

anyways, back to the question, what do you think of tiger jungles??

Jungles are jungles, All snakes have differant personalitys. My jungles very placid but hes just a normal jungle. All snakes bite so its somthing your just going to have to put up with. If you want somthing that doesnt bite get fish :)

what temperature is the cage meant to be at.??? for diamonds???
t

for 2 days after eating mine get 4 hours a day at 30C, other than that over summer they got no extra heat since the herp room was already around 24-25C, up to 27 on those mega hot days, when temps drop coming up to winter i'll probably offer a couple of hours a day regardless of when they eat.

my jungles are snappy, but apparently thats the way palmerstones are.
from what i hear athertons are alot calmer, so if thats what honey/tiger jungles are they might be nice. :p

my diamond has the best temperament and has never struck or bitten anyone, she is still very inquisitive and active though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back