Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think is it truly worth the effort that we all went through to display our animals - we like a couple of others had to travel 4-6 hours before we could even start to set our displays up - unlike those who live locally.
If we want to promote the "hobby" then a little bit of effort once a year ( or a lot of efftort on the part of those doing the organising ) it is well worth it.
If you use plastic tubs like we did, then depending on what you have to display, you can reuse them again next year.

If it is on again next year - we will definately be there:D:D:D
Wouldnt miss it for quids......;););)

Well said. It is because of people like you that this expo will grow from year to year.
Thanks for being a part of it.
Kris.

if anyone is interested, i'm very slowly getting photos from the expo uploaded into my albums... I just can't be bothered trying to post them all in the thread.

If any of the lovely little critters are yours, and I haven't put your name there, it's cuz I've no idea who had what!! So just comment on the pic or send me a message.
If you want copies of the pics I can send you hi res too!

:-D

Hey Fuscus nice shots,i like the Photos of my female woma.how would i get a copy?

Regards

Deka
Gotta agree Deka, that is a nice shot, even got one of my Bearded baby, so cute.

Hey Fuscus nice shots,i like the Photos of my female woma.how would i get a copy?

Regards

Deka

Gotta agree Deka, that is a nice shot, even got one of my Bearded baby, so cute.

PMs sent - I've had computer trouble and have over 600 photos of my trip ( not all are expo and/or herps) so please be patient

Great day. Last year I was a spectator but this year I bought some of my Eastern Water Skinks and a few other lizards. The photo is just finishing off the set up in the morning. Why didn't we take more photos? :rolleyes: Pity the adult water skink only showed a few people an eyeball and stayed under ground till I got his tank back in our house. I hope my youngsters stay as bomb proof as they where on the day.
Well worth the trip and Gladstone is a nice place to visit. Long day and I'm not much of a morning person but I really enjoyed showing people my lizards and taking to other reptile enthusiasts at the Expo and at the Queens for dinner. Will certainly do this again.:D

Attachments

• setting_up.jpg
    setting_up.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 62
G'day Book,

I had a bit of a chat to you there, the skinks you had were great. I've never really been a fan of them before but after talking to you about them, you may get a call from me down the track.

Cheers,

Kris.

Congratulations to everyone involved. It was a great day and Scales & Tails Australia will definitely be back again next year to offer our support.

Looks like I missed out on even more fun on Saturday night. DARN!!!!!!!

Cheers
Joy

Had a great weekend thanks guys, also just wanted to thank everyone that gave my wife and i a hand to setup seeing as though i was useless haha. Will most definately be back next year with a bigger and better setup and i hope i can actually walk around and have a look next time.
Cheers to everyone in Gladstone thanks for the hospitality and a special shout out to the girls from the PC.

Cheers Nick

BUTTERNUT REPTILES

if any one has any good pics of my geckos can you please send me them as i did not get the chance to get any my self my e mail address

rh.scott@bigpond .com

next year

Nick ,
look forward to seeing you and alot more APS Members next year at the expo it would be good to have a social drink with all attending APS members next year.

PS. nice Cape York

Regards

Deka

Had a great weekend thanks guys, also just wanted to thank everyone that gave my wife and i a hand to setup seeing as though i was useless haha. Will most definately be back next year with a bigger and better setup and i hope i can actually walk around and have a look next time.
Cheers to everyone in Gladstone thanks for the hospitality and a special shout out to the girls from the PC.

Cheers Nick

BUTTERNUT REPTILES

Snakes and nudie bars, it doesn’t get a lot better. I am glad that everyone had a great weekend
I wonder though, why there was a noted absence from the larger known breeders, e.g. Snake Ranch and Southern Cross etc?
Could it be that hosting such an event far from a major city makes it unviable for many to justify an input?
In the view of promoting this hobby further in QLD, would it not be a better idea in the future to look at the logistics of having this in Brisbane?
I am not trying to run this event down and appreciate the work and passion that the organizers put into this event, I am just interested in opinions.

I'm pretty sure there is already a group looking at holding an expo there. Bredlislave would be the person to contact with regard to that. Simon Stone from SXR was due to come down but cancelled due to last minute pressing committments, he attended last year. Snake Ranch wasn't approached as far as I know.

G'day Dave,

Deka69, Slimebo and myself all work full time jobs in Gladstone, organising this one here had its own difficult moments so organising one 600km from here would be a lot more dificult. This expo was really just to promote the hobby in the local area and that is what it has done. Hopefully one day we will see one in Brisbane dedicated to reptiles that would give the hobby even more exposure.

Having people come as far away as Brisbane, Mareeba, Cairns, Perth ,Tanunda etc etc was great.

Kris.

And From ,Baree, Mount Morgan, Rockhampton , Mackay & Moranbah,

Still the great day this year. Great job and well done to Deka69, Slimebo, Kris and everyone else that we donot know about whom made this a great day out for all.

Even the two wildlife rangers that were walking a round had a good day (Karen & Lisa).

also good to Dr Greg Muir & family from Rockhampton's Alma street Vet clinic turn up to a little bow-pee.

Snakes and nudie bars, it doesn’t get a lot better. I am glad that everyone had a great weekend
I wonder though, why there was a noted absence from the larger known breeders, e.g. Snake Ranch and Southern Cross etc?
Could it be that hosting such an event far from a major city makes it unviable for many to justify an input?
In the view of promoting this hobby further in QLD, would it not be a better idea in the future to look at the logistics of having this in Brisbane?
I am not trying to run this event down and appreciate the work and passion that the organizers put into this event, I am just interested in opinions.

Considering that this event is put together by people living in Gladstone I acn only assume that it would be a bigger pain in the butt for them to organise things 600km away... Considering that this was the second year running of the expo the question I would want to ask is what is the herp community of Brisbane doing? If people want a expo in Brisbane put one on!
Maybe the absence of the big breeders is due to the fact they can't sell animals or products at the event? (stupid QLD law) Which sort of makes any appearance at a Qld expo unviable for big time breeders.... (Just my opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back