Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when Ryan had his special attention on saturday night, did he use the prickly or smooth knob. lol.
It would of been a classic night, too bad i was still in recovery mode from friday night.
Look forward to next year, and spending more time with you unruly bunch of herpers.
I think I'm glad I missed that particular part of it....mind you I'm not sure the rest of us fared much better :lol: I don't think I'll ever be able to look at or talk about Tara Moss, Lacies, rats, Komodo Dragons and a certain part of the female anatomy ever again without breaking down :shock: Thanks for that informative discussion Webby :lol:

Ishah, I still feel awful. Was great meeting you too, I think we may have to dub you Ish the Emo with that hair though :lol: I'm in total agreement about Kermit cooking, and the dancing and singing is a must. I'd like to see if he can combine the three ;)

Can't wait Rob. Ishah, there were quite a few. Vens seem to bring them out of the woodwork. And that hair of yours umm.....stood out.....a lot.
Iceman, if you ever come down this way, let us know.....and Kersten says bring the Foxysnake. :)

Kris.

Oh, that'd be right, say nothing about the hair while I'm there, but everything about it once I'm gone, geez you two... Nothing wrong with a bit of colour... ;)

Oh, that'd be right, say nothing about the hair while I'm there, but everything about it once I'm gone, geez you two... Nothing wrong with a bit of colour... ;)
I'm allowed to pick on it.....mine's normal looking now - you can't tell it used to be bright purple, red or blue all over (or a combination of the above) depending on which way the wind blew - hypocrisy is beautiful! :lol:

Gozz, never mind....your hair is very pretty too ;)

I'm allowed to pick on it.....mine's normal looking now - you can't tell it used to be bright purple, red or blue all over (or a combination of the above) depending on which way the wind blew - hypocrisy is beautiful! :lol:

Hah! I thought you & Kris would be use to it, suprisingly I saw quite a few colourful hair-do's in Gladdy... Atleast I wasn't hard to find/lose... Haha I think I will go back to normal hair when I'm 27.... Maybe sooner... Depends on how sick of bleaching and colouring I get between now and then...:lol:

Gozz, your hair was definately out there! I'm surprised little Mr Fang didnt go with you?

well to all i was the only person with roughies and a personaly owned turtle set up in the corner opposite side of garth and the roller door. and i have a tiny bit of yellow in my hair i actually hid mine with pink flowers. and it was very nice to meet everyone especially those that i have been talking to from brisbane gabe, mudimans and others. as for the after party i actually crashed at 7 that night. my partner doesn't know whether he wants to set up next year or not he didn't like doing all the work and we didn't see any point in buying a heap of plastic boxes that were only going to get used once a year so as for next years expo we may not have a display. ( it doesn't help that we are in the middle of home renos atm and it is a massive mess everywhere at home as it is )

Gozz, your hair was definately out there! I'm surprised little Mr Fang didnt go with you?[/QUOTE]
Mr fang is turnning 16 this year and taller and bigger than me, I try to set a good example at home for him, So i went away so i could play up ,anyway he would of acted like my mother hes more mature than i ,so i knew he would be alright at home by himself
lol :D

well to all i was the only person with roughies and a personaly owned turtle set up in the corner opposite side of garth and the roller door. and i have a tiny bit of yellow in my hair i actually hid mine with pink flowers. and it was very nice to meet everyone especially those that i have been talking to from brisbane gabe, mudimans and others. as for the after party i actually crashed at 7 that night. my partner doesn't know whether he wants to set up next year or not he didn't like doing all the work and we didn't see any point in buying a heap of plastic boxes that were only going to get used once a year so as for next years expo we may not have a display. ( it doesn't help that we are in the middle of home renos atm and it is a massive mess everywhere at home as it is )

Hey Squishi,

The turtles at the AFTCRA table are owned by Gabrielle who was at the table and her husband (who was not present). Interesting post nevertheless.

Kris.

Last edited:

I hope you do end up comming next year it would be great to see the progress on the roughies. I think a great time was had by all and yes I understand a stall is a lot of work especially for the guys that are organising the events and holding their own exhibits as well but I feel it was well worth it, we had a blast.

Highlights for me, The Water skinks and the huge Mary River turtle.
Few nice snakes also, like the spotted black in the pit.

Matt.

It was a shame that Garth's Roughies weren't there. Stunning animals Best I've seen in the flesh.
Australis, that Spotted Black is my favourite ven that I keep. He's probably the most placid ven I keep the other Spotted I kept was a total handful. And much nicer in appearance than the jet blacks and red/blacks in my opinion.
Kris.

Last edited:
didn't like doing all the work and we didn't see any point in buying a heap of plastic boxes that were only going to get used once a year so as for next years expo we may not have a display.

I personally thought it was a great day and the setup and work didnt bother me at all, will definately be there again next year, with a hopefully much bigger and better display. :D

I personally thought it was a great day and the setup and work didnt bother me at all, will definately be there again next year, with a hopefully much bigger and better display. :D
I agree, a lot of work went into the setups but it was so worth it, we are already planing for next year and we will have new display enclosures by then, we got some really great Ideas from looking at other peoples enclosures at this years expo.

Worth the effort

I think is it truly worth the effort that we all went through to display our animals - we like a couple of others had to travel 4-6 hours before we could even start to set our displays up - unlike those who live locally.
If we want to promote the "hobby" then a little bit of effort once a year ( or a lot of efftort on the part of those doing the organising ) it is well worth it.
If you use plastic tubs like we did, then depending on what you have to display, you can reuse them again next year.

If it is on again next year - we will definately be there:D:D:D
Wouldnt miss it for quids......;););)

Even though i didnt take any of my own reptiles, i was there helping mum and dad (ian_davo) it was a great day once again, and its great catching up with everyone and meeting new reptile lovers and seeing what everyone eles haves. The public love the expo and i hope it continues to be a hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back