Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looked like a good show, i hope in the next couple of years i get up there for one.

im very shocked that people were allowed to take animals out and let people handle them. especially animals like albinos, just for quarentine sake people would have absolutely NO chance of touching my animals.... each to there own i guess.

some great pics thanks for sharing.

looked like a good show, i hope in the next couple of years i get up there for one.

im very shocked that people were allowed to take animals out and let people handle them. especially animals like albinos, just for quarentine sake people would have absolutely NO chance of touching my animals.... each to there own i guess.

some great pics thanks for sharing.

i never let anyone handle my albino and the only one of mine that was handled was my olive . that was only for about 10 minutes and the couple of people who handled it were wiped down with alcohol wipes.quarentine is always a bit of an issue at these events , and the exhibitors were told to use wipes when handling,some did ,some didn't,it gets back to them to look after their animals.

Quarrantine

Everyone who wanted to touch/handle our snakes had to put some F10 or the special disentectant on their hands before they could do so.

Some more pics

Attachments

• expo 09 006sm.JPG
    expo 09 006sm.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 63
  • expo 09 008sm.JPG
    expo 09 008sm.JPG
    530.3 KB · Views: 38
  • expo 09 016sm.JPG
    expo 09 016sm.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 43
  • expo 09 019sm.JPG
    expo 09 019sm.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 49
  • expo 09 022sm.JPG
    expo 09 022sm.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 42
A few more....

Attachments

• expo 09 025sm.JPG
    expo 09 025sm.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 46
  • expo 09 030sm.JPG
    expo 09 030sm.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 71
  • expo 09 033sm.JPG
    expo 09 033sm.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 39
  • expo 09 038sm.JPG
    expo 09 038sm.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 42
  • expo 09 059sm.JPG
    expo 09 059sm.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 65
Here's a couple pics of my boy, Syd. He had such a great day, got the t-shirt, and a stop off at Snakes Downunder at Childers on the way home,
Cheers
Adam,

Attachments

• zDSCF0730a.jpg
    zDSCF0730a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 67
  • zDSCF0738a.jpg
    zDSCF0738a.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 52
Hey,
A great weekend, :D
A good, well organized expo with quality animals,
As for meeting up with you mad CQ herpers, - insane! :lol:
Hope you guys have a major hangover :)

Thanks Vixenbabe for some lovely animals, :)
Good to catch up with you Mudimans again, glad we found that fuel cap :lol:

Having a few recovery bourbons atm - should sleep well tonight :)

Ad,
Kersten, Luke and I ended up getting home at 3-30 (sorry about the noise Rob and Trent) and woke up at 7 without a headache.....Kersten who didn't drink ended up crook this morning.

Ivon, the Queens called and they have your step ladder there.

Kris.

Geez, those Asian house Geckoes are getting huge these days Ad. Good to see its mouth taped shut.

Ad, Reptiles Downunder good? I've been wanting to go for a while, as we have friends in Childers to stay with. But I don't want to take time off work if its not worth it.
We drove past it on our way home today, and then stopped and got the GREATEST ICECREAM IN THE WORLD! lol.

lol Kris,
Its always the way isnt it, Kersten will have to have a few Jacks next time, :lol:

and those AHG's up there are as serious as the rough knobbies :D

Yeah Amy it is worth a look,
It gets ya thinking about outdoor enclosures thats for sure, they have great examples, with some nice animals.
A really awesome Scrubby, best Ive seen,
Cheers
Adam

I'm thinking so Ad, but it'll be vodka instead. It was my mistake, I forgot that when you mix alcohol with sugary drinks it keeps you from getting sick in the morning :lol:

Please no more talk of rough knobbies you Jonno....I already feel sick enough :( :? :lol:

thanks to every one that liked my geckos i may have babys of these geckos come next year expo

southern spotted velvet geckos
northern velvet geckos
marnild velvets geckos
northern spiny tailed geckos

and depending on size in october might have

thick tailed geckos
smooth knob tailed geckos

the pair of baby southern spotted velvets will be up for sale around augist

Looks like it was a great event! I'm sad to have missed it. Great to see a few small skinks were on display! :)

Hopefully I'll make it up for one in the future, it looks like a good time was had by all :)

That was my first Reptile Expo ever, and it was Awesome! Very impressed... Got to meet a few APSer's, pretty cool bunch they were! Very funny people indeed! Thanks for all your hospitality guys!
Got a small taste of what it would be like to be an exhibitor and the effort involved... Dont think thats something I'd ever be ready for! So good on them for all their hard work!
Thanks to Webby Wranger for making the trip, had many a laughs on your behalf :lol: Just bummed that I couldnt make it to the dinner with everyone on Sat night due to illnesses, and general exhaustion from such a massive day and a whole day of driving the day before...:( Was really looking forward to that too! Sounded like it was a ripper! Look forward to next year's one! Hopefully we arent sick next time...
Kermit, I nominate you to cook for us all at the next one, and I expect you to get out the front of the venue and sing and dance also! LOL!!
Haha Kris, I only came across a few Jonnos...I did expect there to be more tho!;)
Hope you are feeling better Kersten, I'm still ill...:|

All in all it was well worth the 6-7hr drive there! Definately recommend it to anyone that didnt go! I was especially pleased with the small water skinks on display, I was not expecting them at all! Very cool.

So when Ryan had his special attention on saturday night, did he use the prickly or smooth knob. lol.
It would of been a classic night, too bad i was still in recovery mode from friday night.
Look forward to next year, and spending more time with you unruly bunch of herpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back